• i love the light colored eggs!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • i get double yolkers all the time

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • they are very flighty

• they are very friendly/loving

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • another answer: please describe in a post after you join...

• Total voters
so if you don't see your name on the members list don't worry about it... you can just chat anyway.... but one thing is you can;t join if you didn't already after Nov.30th don't worry if you want to join in the future we will be accepting members at a future time.. Thank you! -Chickenlover200!

My favorite chicken is a barred rock. Her name is Nugget. She has 3 other barred rock sisters named oreo, domino, and blackberry. Nugget is the nicest and smartest chicken we have. She is also the most photogenic, so that's why most of my pictures are of her.

Here is Nugget and her other sister(white rock) as chicks.

And here are all the barred rocks as chicks. The funny thing about barred rocks is as chicks, they really enjoy hopping onto bars and sticks. When they were still in their brooder, they would jump right onto my arm!

I LOVE BARRED ROCKS!

is it to late. Wife and I would love to join the club. We have 7 rocks and new to the chicken community.

is it to late. Wife and I would love to join the club. We have 7 rocks and new to the chicken community.
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks. Here are a few pics of our 7 children. Six of them are 3 and half weeks and the one sitting on the ladder perch is 4 and a half. We however think that one is not a barred rock.

Thanks. Here are a few pics of our 7 children. Six of them are 3 and half weeks and the one sitting on the ladder perch is 4 and a half. We however think that one is not a barred rock.

They look so cute! I can see what you mean in the first picture about one not being a barred rock. It appears to be all black.. A black austrolorp maybe? I can't wait to see them all grown up!

Child be an austrolorp possibly... I'm not much of a chicken expert but I agree with mypetnugget... :)
Welcome to the thread by the way!
How can you tell your barred rocks apart?
Ours are all kinds of flighty but we are getting more in the spring... I think to tell them apart is the markings on their beaks and the personalities... :)

Back
Top Bottom