Barred Rock does not let my poor Easter Egger hen eat??

I'M SOOOOO EXCITED BTW.. this morning Livie's crop was completely empty for the first time in nearly 2 months!! The doughy stuff was GONE!! Yesterday I did put a tube down and gave her that mix of spices they said was to treat a doughy crop. So that has to be what did it??!!! I'd given it to her before about 2 weeks ago, however I had only used half the amount it said cause I was not totally comfortable even giving it to her to begin with. But yesterday I was just so fed up that I used the entire amount it says to use. I honestly cannot see how it would cure a doughy crop but folks my chicken has an EMPTY crop this morning!! And I couldn't be happier!!!! If anyone wants the recipe for this mixture I'll be glad to give it to you!!

Last edited:
oldhenlikesdogs,

Thank you!! This afternoon when I brought them in from the yard, I AGAIN tried separating them to eat to see if by any chance she'd be hungrier now that the huge dough thing was gone, and that just maybe she'd eat instead of wanting to just be next to Daisy and OMG she ate her whole plate I served her with greens, carrots, peas and a little rice!! Her crop was huge.. and THIS time it was finally full of FOOD... NOT all that gunk!!!! I'm just sooooooo excited and happy!! I'm just praying it doesn't come back!! Although if it should.. I will give her this stuff yet again!!?? Thanks again for the well wishes!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom