Barred Rock Photos

Quote:
Specklesmom, I think that any little chick that receives such individualized attention as I know you'd lavish upon them, couldn't help but turn out to be a loving, attentive creature! S/he would doubtless bond to you even stronger than it would to its hatch mother. Frankly, you would be her hatch mother!
love.gif

I'm pretty sure the reason that my Gimpy Girl and LizzyBeth were so special is due in large part to the amount of individual attention they required when they were young. That kind of intense time spent with any animal usually results in a bond of trust, love and respect, from both sides.

I think you can rest easy in the knowledge that any chick you aquire is going to be special. Maybe not as special, or in the same way special as Speckles was. Let's face it, some of these darlings are a one of a kind, and just as individual as the people who care for them. The important thing is that you get a chickie just as soon as possible so you can get started on the path to a new relationship!
hugs.gif

This dosen't apply to leghorns
tongue.png

That is very kind, Serrin. I do hope things work out so that I get to have a chickie again. As in every decision, there are a lot of factors involved. My husband had brain surgery October 9th, which went well. But as a result of the surgery, we're dealing with severe blood clots in his legs which are making it very difficult for him right now. The prognosis is unknown, so I'm balancing my strong desire for a pet against the issues caused by my husband's health, which certainly comes first. My husband loved Speckles as much as I did and she was crazy about him. He would dig up grubs and walk her around the yard helping to look for yummies. When I would open the door to her run and she saw him in the yard she would put her head down, tail up in the air and do that funny side-to-side chicken run as fast as possible to catch up with him. I just can't do anything that would add too many complications to our lives right now. But I'm still hoping things will work out for a new BR in our lives......

34669_if_you_get_closer_you_get_more_chips.jpg

Some of our flock:

8875_barred.jpg

Some of eggs that Dinahmoe hatched out!
8875_br.jpg

Thanks for opportunities of sharing....

Oops I sent photos of my Dominque rooster......My mistake...

I'll try to find one of gorgeous BR roo......

Sorry you all....Sometimes I don't wear glasses and cannot see anything I post in the way of details!
wink.png

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh WOW!! That is a great picture SM!
love.gif
If that isn't photographic proof of Speckles being a "Daddy's Girl" I don't know what is!
gig.gif

Sorry to hear that you and your husband are facing such huge health issues right now. I'm sending good healing Karma thoughts out to both of you.
hugs.gif
And you're right. Those sorts of things must come first. I sincerely hope that things will come out right for the two of you soon.
hugs.gif
:

I just LOVE that picture!
big_smile.png
love.gif
big_smile.png
love.gif
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Love the photos, Bargain! The chicks are just so precious. Who could see a Barred Rock chick and not want to snuggle! How old is your BR, silkie? She is lovely and seems right at home on the couch.....Been there, loved it! Thanks for the good thoughts, Serrin. We know we are very, very lucky considering the many people who are dealing with much worse issues and we are still hoping that he will eventually be able to regain some of his ability to move around and be on his feet without the terrible swelling.

I just realized I don't have a pic of my BR!

I got her from a patient and she is the most wonderful, gentle bird in my flock.

I will say though that the ones I got in my Rainbow Layers from McMurray were flighty and mean... and I rehomed them. Don't know where my patient got it from but she is wonderful and most weeks lays 6 or 7 eggs... she does miss every now and then.

Here is her fluffy butt in the foreground.

10376_dsc_0030.jpg

and here she is in a group.

10376_feeding_time.jpg

Quote:
You know, I am not quite sure about her age. I thought she was coming up on laying, but now i'm not so sure. We live in the same area! I'm in burleson.

Back
Top Bottom