Barred Rock

Punkstermom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Iowa
So I don't have a pic to upload at the moment but just a quick question. I just got a free barred rock rooster. He is a beautiful boy! Full grown but much smaller than a barred rock should be also he has half feathered legs and feet ( like a silkie or emperor) I'm new to the chick scene so correct me if I'm wrong but as barred rock as he looks all black and white if he's smaller with feather feet he must be crossed right?

What Fred said. He may have one barred Rock parent, or he may not. There are a couple other breeds that are barred--Cuckoo Marans and Cochins are the most likely to have feathered legs. A pic would help ID him for sure.

Barred is a color, can be different breeds. Rock (Plymouth Rocks) are a breed that come in different colors. But all barred birds aren't Rocks.

There are a number of barred breeds, as well as cuckoo breeds. One of these various breeds are likely in his parentage, but even without a photo, I can assure you that no Barred Rocks have feathered legs. Must be yellow, and must be clean legged. There are also many other aspects of the Barred Rock description that needs to be in place to be a Barred Rock.

The good news is that he's a chicken and may end up being a terrific chicken for you, or maybe not. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom