Barred Rocks!!

Here's my beauty Jack just 9 weeks

Thanks for that link Kathy! I picked up 6 Dom's a couple weeks ago and the breeder and I both thought I had three and three, they are 2 weeks and it's a definite yes. You can see the stark differences now, and it seems to stand up to the sexing of the BR's too. Was great fun learning this all and finding out I have 3 breeding pairs for the future
smile.png
AND jnsseed has a different line I can add to them, for vigor ect, when I need it.

I'm sooo excited, after waiting a year on waiting lists, to have some of the chicks here. I am still waiting on Jwhip to hatch out the BR Good Shepard line. Then the flock will be closed. Getting my NPIP testing, first of next year. Our state offers it free the first couple months, and missed this years. I take advantage of anything free. Helps defray costs
wink.png
They said up until March they have a grant and test farms for free. I just called a bit too late this year. That's ok, as I am just getting the chicks in this spring. The hatchery stock are all laying and eggs are starting to sell, so we are becoming self sustaining. Loving life right now
big_smile.png

Got 2 barred rocks a month or 2 ago. :) Already noticing huge personality differences between the 2 pullets! Star is more outgoing and friendly, approaching the camera and me, making for really nice shots. Tansy is usually spotted in the background. Can anyone give me any pointers on what I'll need to do to take these to my county fair and show them? Thanks!!
Star, getting up close and personal. Tansy is in the background, by the cochin.

Star again. :) And Tansy, back by the EE.

Star. I like this picture of her.

and this one. Tansy again is lurking in the Background. She's a little shyer.

Got 2 barred rocks a month or 2 ago. :) Already noticing huge personality differences between the 2 pullets! Star is more outgoing and friendly, approaching the camera and me, making for really nice shots. Tansy is usually spotted in the background. Can anyone give me any pointers on what I'll need to do to take these to my county fair and show them? Thanks!!
Star, getting up close and personal. Tansy is in the background, by the cochin.

Star again. :) And Tansy, back by the EE.

Star. I like this picture of her.

and this one. Tansy again is lurking in the Background. She's a little shyer.
Where did you get your girls from?

Back
Top Bottom