Barred Rocks!!

I've been nervous about this one for a while now....this is T, my barred rock at just about 9 weeks old. I'm thinking she is a she, but want to confirm. This picture was taken yesterday and today her comb already looks a bit more red. What do you guys think, girl or boy? (second pic is of the flock)

I've been nervous about this one for a while now....this is T, my barred rock at just about 9 weeks old. I'm thinking she is a she, but want to confirm. This picture was taken yesterday and today her comb already looks a bit more red. What do you guys think, girl or boy? (second pic is of the flock)

Pullet. Pullet body shape, tail, head, no comb no wattles.

Pullet.. The comb and wattles are too small to be a boy. The lack of pointy hackle and saddle feathers is also another good indication of not being a boy.

Awesome! So ill quit worrying about T! Now I only have to worry about my SLW! When do saddle feathers start showing?

[/IMG]

Here are pics to compare. The lighter is the one I am suspecting is a roo. Sorry they wouldn't stay close together to get one picture.

I have one barred rock--I was hoping for a rooster when I bought him at a swap. I have 5 bantems and I knew at that time one was a roo because he had the look, the attitude and everything--well behold another bantem started crowing--turns out I have 2 bantem roos. Well I had grown to believe pepper was a she and was very glad...looking forward to big brown eggs and already having 2 little roosters I was happy----well Pepper is starting to join in on the crowing...So here are the stats 2 bantem roos and 1 large pepper roo (barred rock) and that leaves 9 pullets 3 are bantems (while 2 are small the other is the same size as my leghorns) 6 large leghorn pullets---All together there are 12 chickens

WILL I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH FIGHTING?? DO I NEED TO SELL OR GIVE AWAY ONE OR TWO OF THE ROOS?? thank you anybody who can lead me to some answers--I absolutely love my bantem roo--Sassy--he has the American game colors and is just gorgeous, Red is a bantem and he is the one leading all the crowing and fllying up high to crow from a high point--and he crows most often. Pepper-the BR- has only crowed twice and my husband witnessed it--not me,I was still convincing myself he was a she......they are all about 13-14 weeks..

I have a 9 or 10 week old Barred Rock that has no tail. All my other birds (different breeds) have tails. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure she is a pullet. No pointy feathers, hardly any red on her face even her pathetic tail feathers are broad and round. Any thoughts?

I have had two pullets with slow growing tails. 1 ended up a Rooster and it's just now coming in. The other is a pullet guess just slow growing. She did scare me cause I so badly wanted her to be a hen. Good luck ! Any pics?

Back
Top Bottom