Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Hello! Where are you in the East? That's where I am too!

I think some sort of group would be great. I actually did chicken-sit for a friend of mine a couple months back when it was his birthday, I think a support group like that would be great!

I'll have Heritage Delaware, Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, Lavender Orpington and Blue Wheaten Olive Eggers available next year if you want hatching eggs/chicks.

Nice to meet you.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm in the Havenscourt neighborhood on 65th Ave.
If my chicken sickness takes hold, like I expect it will, I'll definitely be hitting you up in the spring for a Delaware at the very least!

Quote:
I'm in the Havenscourt neighborhood on 65th Ave.
If my chicken sickness takes hold, like I expect it will, I'll definitely be hitting you up in the spring for a Delaware at the very least!

L0L! We're neighbors, I'm off 73rd avenue!

Hello! I'm in Hayward- the suburbs. Anyone else from here?

I got my first 5 chickies in March, and they're now going on 17 weeks. The white Leghorn is doing the egg squat for me! I hope they will start laying sometime soon.
Oh, and then 3 weeks after I got those, I went and got 4 more chicks from Close Feed & Supply. They will be rehomed to my mother's house as soon as I can build her a coop.

Now I'm crazy about ducks. I have turned into an OCD insomniac over these duck eggs I'm trying to hatch. Only 19 more days to go, though!

Hey gumamelachick!

I'm in Berkeley, but my brother lives in Castro Valley, hehe. He doesn't have chickens though. I'm a newbie too. My girls are almost 7 weeks old and have been in solitary in the new coop for the past 2 days. They're free tomorrow! Anyways, welcome!

Hi Everyone,

Do you have a local source for Corid? Also, anyone know of a place in the Berkeley area that sells poultry grit? I was about to order both items from Jeffers Livestock online, but the shipping was about the same price as the products. So my $20 order was going to be $40! Or if you know of someplace online where the shipping isn't so steep, that would be much appreciated too.

Quote:
Did you try Biofuel Oasis? corner of Ashby and Sacramento

not sure if they will have Corid, but I'll bet they have the grit. I've only bought organic feed there, so I'm just speculating. You could give them a call.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd be too quick to buy grit. Just let your birds out on the ground, where they can scratch and pick up whatever grit necessary for their system.

Quote:
That's a trip! You're right next door!

I know! IF my backyard were cleaner I'd ask you over to meet the chickens, but I've got some work to do before anybody sees that mess.
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom