Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
That's a trip! You're right next door!

I know! IF my backyard were cleaner I'd ask you over to meet the chickens, but I've got some work to do before anybody sees that mess.
tongue.png

I hear ya! Thankfully I'm scheduled for a Waste Management bulky pick up next week. Gonna clean some of the crap out of my yard so when the chickens actually start living outside they won't have to pick around all the scrap wood. Maybe when our yards are cleaner we can make a plan to visit one another's chickens.

I'm going to be in Emeryville next week, packing my mom's things up, before the rest gets tossed.
I have a white Silkie roo I need to rehome if anyone is interested, I could take him along for the ride.

Quote:
I know, I'm sure you're right. It's the first-time parent thing - you want to the babies to have everything they need. I have mealworms for their first day out after coop lockdown and I wanted to be sure they could digest them
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I just love that there are chickens in Oakland and Berkley

I had relatives there growing up
Didn't get to visit much
but I love those relatives
and I never saw chickens there when I visited

So this is so cool!

My aunt lived off Broadway
near hwy 24

Grma in Berkley
No, I mean Albany, but you crossed the street and you were in Berkley

And I was small
and it was my Mom's stomping grounds
and well

Thanks for the connection!

Chicken people are the best!!

Hi from Fremont! We just brought home our first pullets, a Plymouth Rock and three Rhode Island Reds. Having a blast just sitting around watching them scratch around and argue over the grass we drop in there.
smile.png

I can't believe I haven't found this thread until now -- I'm so glad I did!! I'm in Oakland, and I definitely will be reading through all the posts here soon. I'd love to get together with some East Bay chicken folk - I've got my little flock of six hens started up here in the hills, and I'm very interested in hearing about local resources/predator problems/disease and health issues, etc. For example, does anyone around here know of a vet that advises on and treats chickens? I'm not raising them as pets (well, that's the idea anyway) but I can foresee some times that I might need a vet's help.

In the meantime, glad to meet all of you Bay Area Chicken People!

ya.gif

Quote:
hi whillergee! sometimes great threads get buried, but if you subscribe to a thread, you can always find it again, since it will appear in your list of subscribed threads.

you asked about local vets who can advise on chickens. here's the link to the vet list thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=200108
keep in mind that the vets are still going to charge you like your chicken is a pet. ($$$) if you don't want to spend that kind of money, you can post in the emergencies section, and be patient while knowledgeable BYCers try to help. There's a lot of knowledge here.

glad you found the Bay Area thread!

Hi Steffanie - Thanks for the vet thread - I just feel like I want to have my homework done on things like that before I might need them. Hopefully I won't, but you never know...

I read through all the posts on this thread last night and I'm smacking my forehead that I missed Chickenstock!!
barnie.gif
Well - looking forward to next time, then.

Hi Steffanie - Thanks for the vet thread - I just feel like I want to have my homework done on things like that before I might need them. Hopefully I won't, but you never know...

I read through all the posts on this thread last night and I'm smacking my forehead that I missed Chickenstock!!
barnie.gif
Well - looking forward to next time, then.

Back
Top Bottom