Bay Area BYCers!

Anyone know of a chicken sitter/ dog sitter? I have to leave town for 3 days and need a sitter as my usual one is out of town
sad.png

I'm in Lafayette

Quote:
when are you going?

eta - don't post the dates here, but if you just need someone to come and feed and water the critters each day, I could do that. If there is a dog to be let out, it might be doable. Lafayette isn't that far from me.

Last edited:
Cheryl,

I may be able to make it out to feed and water everyone, at least once, while you're gone. I wouldn't mind one bit.
smile.png

When will you be out of town?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that for those of you who are interested, there will be a northern California informal BYC meet-up at the California State Fair this Saturday around noon. Go check out the posting/thread in the Chickenstocks & Meetups section & let us know if you'd like to come! (Come anyway, even if you decide at the last possible moment!!!)

Hope to see you there!

Is anybody interested in a Black Copper Marans cockerel? (Davis lines.) I hatched him on the 4th of July and he's growing fast! I'm pretty sure he's a he at this point and I won't be able to keep him as a part of my flock. He'd be a great flock leader. If you've got Marans you could use him to breed or if you have Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers you could cross them and create some Olive Egger chicks! Any takers?

I also have at least 2, possibly 3, Wheaten Penedesenca cockerels that will need to be rehomed as well. Penes are also a dark egg laying breed, though they're a Spanish breed of the Catalan region. They're striking birds. They could also be used to create Olive Eggers and are exceptionally rare in the US.

PM me if you're interested!

Quote:
There's a woman in San Jose that I know who will take any and all cockerels you might have, she grows them out and then processes them to feed her family. I dropped some off to her last month, 7 total, but I figured I might try to find a home for these guys before I send them to the Freezer Camp Farm.
lol.png

Were you lucky enough to get any black pullets? I have Wheaten and Blue Wheatens from pips&peeps, I'll be selling hatching eggs next spring!

Back
Top Bottom