Bay Area BYCers!

Mine are panting too, its a little better today at 95.5 but yesterday it reached over 100, neighbor got a reading at 104F. When its really hot the birds like to lay agaist a dishpan of water in the run (its in shade and gets a breeze) yesterday I put ice in it and gave them a large section of chilled cucumber. They also wade through the dishpan, make a real mess of it.

plotting a watermelon party with the girls later.
cool.png

Last edited:
I'll have my babies from Joy either on the 30th or the 31st, depending on how quickly they get their little fluffy butts out of those eggshells!
roll.png

I'm super excited... though I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with another 12, to possibly 17 chicks...
lol.png
I couldn't help myself though.

Hello,

I'm from Sonoma County ... we have 3 pullets - white leghorn, GLW, SLW (hatched in March ) .. 5 cochins (hatched in June) .. 2 Delawares and 2 Welsummers (hatched in July) ... all the peeps are from Western Farm in Santa Rosa
smile.png
Love these peeps, BYC readings!

Hello everyone I'm originally a Bay area girl born and raised currently living in Gods Country ( Montana) Moving back home for a while with my two girls My poorly colored Light Brahma and my SLW Moving back to palo alto.....

I was just at Western Farm Supply (Santa Rosa) ... JP, one of the "chicken guys" there, just got a shipment of Ameracunas from Belt Hatchery (Fresno) ... the chicks were born on Wednesday ... they were not supposed to get a shipment until after Labor Day, but this came as a total surprise! Very cute, all colors
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
and well taken care of .. much better care than some other feed stores that I've gone to ... Larry really knows his sources !

Back
Top Bottom