Beltsville Small White Turkey eggs - 8+ Auction

PAzoo2

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 14, 2010
Dover, PA 17315
Fresh & Fertile Beltsville White turkey eggs ready to ship Monday. I will bubble wrap and double box - labeling as you wish.

I have had great hatches (100%) using a Brinsea incubator - your results may vary due to shipping and methods. These are properly stored and unwashed (for those with this preference) Beltsville Small Whites are on the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy's list as Critical.

http://albc-usa.org/cpl/belt.html

"Young Beltsville turkey hens weigh 10 pounds and young toms weigh 17 pounds. The plumage is white, with the head red to bluish white. The beard is black, the beak is horn colored, and the eyes are dark brown. Shanks and toes are pinkish white.​
Today the Beltsville Small White is quite rare and primarily by few exhibition breeders. Research flocks exist at both the Iowa State University and the University of Guelph, however, public access to these flocks is almost non-existent. In recent years there has been a revival of interest in this variety. Efforts are underway to locate and conserve any remnant flocks in the United States and Canada."​

These eggs are from two lines - One line represents itself as having Canadian genetics though I can not verify. These are wonderful birds for smaller families and farmsteads. My flock ranges freely and goes into a pen at night. They receive quality feed - and extra protein and greens from our garden and fridge. I am biased as they seem to enjoy us as much as we enjoy them. That said, at Thanksgiving's taste test - the Beltsville's won hands down over the Amish farm raised - non heritage bird.

Back
Top Bottom