Berks county, Pa chicken laws

Adusz

Hatching
Mar 13, 2023
Hey everyone!
I saw the other posts about different townships in Pa, my question pertains to the property we just got.
It is in Agribusiness zoning, I did try to call the township zoning officer and he said no matter how many chickens I had to have 5 acres which didn’t match anything I found online. the 5acres on Ecode said for grazing animals.
Does anyone know how agribusiness land works for having chickens for personal egg consumption?
We have 2.5acres for this property.
Any direction for info would really help!
I looked generalcode.com ecode360.com and local municipal websites and the animal control. Everyone gave me either “we don’t know” or conflicting answers.
Any help would be really appreciated!!
Ty!

Hey everyone!
I saw the other posts about different townships in Pa, my question pertains to the property we just got.
It is in Agribusiness zoning, I did try to call the township zoning officer and he said no matter how many chickens I had to have 5 acres which didn’t match anything I found online. the 5acres on Ecode said for grazing animals.
Does anyone know how agribusiness land works for having chickens for personal egg consumption?
We have 2.5acres for this property.
Any direction for info would really help!
I looked generalcode.com ecode360.com and local municipal websites and the animal control. Everyone gave me either “we don’t know” or conflicting answers.
Any help would be really appreciated!!
Ty!
Double check your township ordinance I'm in amity township and it states I think 10 chickens to one acre I hope this helps good luck

Back
Top Bottom