Best Automatic chicken door made.. Chicken Guard

I find this to be a interesting post. I am just remodeling a shed into a chicken coop and since it is a little farther away from the house than my present coop. I thought I would add and automatic door. How long does it take to ship from the UK to the US ? I will need it in about 3 weeks.

I just ordered the Extreme model. A bit more expensive but living in Michigan, our winters are cold and snowy (Rather be safe than sorry). I will say that I like the design of the Chickenguard unit better than anything else I have researched. I like that it is completly sealed from the elements and I can use my existing gilitine style door rather than having to design/cut a new door. I made my door out of a plastic white cutting board that slides up and down in aluminum 1/2" C Channel. Works flawlessly and will not swell or warp with weather. Plan on just hooking up the chicken guard to the existing system....easy easy..

I have only had my chickens for 2 weeks and love everything about them other than getting up in the morning and being home at night to let them in and out of the coop. Hopefully this product is as advertised and works well. Has anyone else used this company/opener? I am curious to hear some other reviews. I will say that I am a bit leary about ordering from the UK and getting customer service if I have issues or questions.

Jeff

Thanks 43K. I am wondering why these units are not more popular? I am hoping to have mine up and running in a few weeks and will report back with my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom