Best Automatic chicken door made.. Chicken Guard

I recently bought the Automatic Chicken Door Advanced from Fleming Outdoors. It is very similar to the Chicken Guard except it only has timer mode or my advanced has an option to close or open at sunset & sunrise plus on minus how many minutes you choose, based on your Lat/Long, so that it automatically adjusts year round & you don't have to change the times. The unit was $200 shipped. They do sell it with a door, but of course that is more. I already had a plexiglass vertical door. They also have a basic model that only has timer mode for $20 cheaper. The cookie sheet door is a great idea! Mine is made in Lancaster, PA & has been awesome so far for 4 weeks.

Thanks for the video, that does help tremendously. Do you have a video of the door opening and closing?

Mary

Thanks again Kardar2, it helps tremendously
thumbsup.gif

Installing a chicken guard auto opener and led screen just blinks. No message. Frustrating. Anyone have any insight? Tried calling in UK but no luck. Actually no luck contacting them since I bought it.

Installing a chicken guard auto opener and led screen just blinks. No message. Frustrating. Anyone have any insight? Tried calling in UK but no luck. Actually no luck contacting them since I bought it.

That is odd I sent them about 4 emails prior to buying mine. The company answered every email. Never tried calling them though cause I live in the states.on to you problem:

What blinks? the little red light? =Batteries are dead
Did you go through the prompts and see what the light sensor numbers are set to? Hold it on the wall with a,little weight on string. Can,you push the open and close button manually will it open and close. Be careful you will need to calibrate it so your string don't go all the way up in side.

it was the batteries. brand new pack so didn't think that was the reason but decided to change them and everything worked. so far soo good, may add a pulley to ease the weight, it's slightly more than 1.5kg which is their recommended weight for the regular kit. Here's the set up, about 3 weekends and a couple of evenings total. Built it in panels, the had some help moving it and putting it togehter

Back
Top Bottom