Best barn shoes?

Quote:
Me too. We call them the Magic Muck Boots around here. Love them!
I also wear crocs (well, knock off $5 crocs...) when the runs aren't wet and it isn't cold.

Both are great because they can be hosed off.
thumbsup.gif

Mucks are the best _Not those cheap things from the feed store though, if you are going to be wearing these all year around and for other things besides the chicken house you need good rubber boots. We used to all wear Northerners but in high snow the snow would go in the top, not with mucks though because they are fitted around the calves. True they are tough to get your bibs in along with your jeans, but so much better nonetheless. My DH and I only have 1 pair that we share right now and we are constantly fighting over them! I want to get some this fall. They are pricey, but oh so worth it. And I guess the cheapies would be alright just for walking out to the hen house or something but last winter we went through 4 pairs of those and patched 3 of them! They tear so frequently and thorns poke through them very easily. Plus they are COLD in the snow. If you are going to be doing anything like chasing cows you need something good.

The are super comfortable and I think I could wear them all the time lol! Plus they are waterproof and keep your feet all nice and warm in the winter time.

http://www.muckbootsandshoes.com/?gclid=CKqtyKT6qasCFcsBQAodhguC0A

Last edited:
Quote:
Isn't going out to the barn always a "special" occasion?
tongue.png
My parents sent me some mucking boots from Germany for my birthday and said they were only to be worn on special occasions.
roll.png

Quote:
Wow - that could have been written by me! I wear one pair of flip flops. I figure it is easier to wash my feet than complex shoes.

Not sure what I will do this winter, but likely, will do the same. If really cold, I may switch to my sheepskin boots. They have NO tread, so if its icy out, I may have to wear my lawn mowing boots (with deep tread).

Have you tried mens boots?
Do you know the white/transparent foam sheets things like 3D glasses come in? You can try seeing if that stuff is thin but soft enough. I know it helps to warm feet, I'll be adding them to my thin rubber work boots. To keep warm and for some padding.

I sure hope you get an answer because my feet are just like that too. I can't go bare foot ever. Not even for a few minutes. My arches are so high that my feet only contact the ground on the heels and balls. Nothing in the middle. I love Orthaheel for comfort http://www.orthaheelusa.com/ I wear the sandles most of the summer. I had a pair of clogs that were so incredibally comfortable, but the finish did not hold up and they fell apart after the summer. And they were horribly ugly too. But even with those faults, I'd buy another pair in a second if they still offered them because my feet did not hurt at all. I have a pair of arch supports that I switch between all of my shoes. They were expensive.....$65 or so, but they help a lot. I can't wear regular crocs for very long but I did find a different kind of crocs that's pretty comfy. Not much arch support, but very squishy inside and they feel good. Also check croc's web site. They have a Croc's RX which is customed ordered for your size and width that has more arch support. Get a discount code on-line before ordering http://www.crocs.com/crocs--rx-medical-custom-cloud/41110,default,pd.html?cid=001&cgid=women-footwear-medical

Let
me know if you find anything that works because I will buy a pair too!

Most comfortable boot ever made Kamik they are made of real rubber not the hard PVC TSC cheap ones and have wool/felt liners very nice. Watch briars with them though.

Back
Top Bottom