Best Chicken Names..List yours!

Ok I have had chickens my whole life but this year we started a flock of our own the funny thing is my 2 yr old named a lot of them mine are all different types of polish.my son's favorite which he named all by himself is little Wayne a black frizzled we hatched early spring but here's the rest
Little Wayne
Mylee
Beyonce
Five
Sparkle
Shimmer
Bannana
Spring
Heidi klum
Nikkei minaja
Marilyn Monroe
Haly berry
Beckham
Tyra banks
Gwenth paltro
Katy Perry
Rocket
Wynonna
Shania twain
Keira knightly
Gizellle
Pheona
Channel
Angelina Jolie-
Brad pitt_
We have 10 others that are waiting on names but most are named after movie stars or singer s or models cuz face it polish look famous lol.
They crazy thing is they do know their names and my son know exactly who's who . I have to catch spefic request for him to hold hers him with Mylee

A list of chickens past and present:

Ginger
Marilla
Chester (a girl, full name Chesterine. I don't know how I came up with her full name.)
Ms. New York
Regina
Roger
Foghorn Leghorn
Colonel Chicken (what he actually became too!)
Mr. Groove
Buttercup
Hennrietta
Madeilyne (funny spelling, yes, but she was a sophisticated lady)
Sunshine
Matthew (a hen)
Red
Runt
Merriweather
Lucy
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Chipmunk
Rosie
Rooster Cogburn
Cooper
Lemon
Sunny (not to be confused with Sunshine)
Scrambles
Blueberry
Precious

I think that might be all!

A list of chickens past and present:

Ginger
Marilla
Chester (a girl, full name Chesterine. I don't know how I came up with her full name.)
Ms. New York
Regina 
Roger
Foghorn Leghorn
Colonel Chicken (what he actually became too!)
Mr. Groove
Buttercup
Hennrietta
Madeilyne (funny spelling, yes, but she was a sophisticated lady)
Sunshine
Matthew (a hen)
Red 
Runt
Merriweather
Lucy
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Chipmunk
Rosie
Rooster Cogburn
Cooper
Lemon
Sunny (not to be confused with Sunshine)
Scrambles
Blueberry
Precious

I think that might be all!

Reading ur list not knowing what they are I can invision them in my head lol I invision ur chipmunk as a baby americanna !

I have not named all of my girls but hete are some.
Brave-Barred Rock Roo

Ugly Betty-Barred Rock Pullet

Chipmunk-Rare Exotic unsure of breed but looks like a chimunk.

Red Girl-Gold Laced Wyandotte pullet, she has alot of red in her.

Red-another Gold Laced Wyandotte pullet, sister of Red Girl also has alot of red in her.

Cry Baby-Barred Rock pullet, she chirps ALOT lol.

Pocket aka Pit Bull-my favorite, Silver Laced Wyandotte, unsure of sex possibly pullet, it was so small when I got it fit into my shirt pocket, also known as Pit Bull because when I give them raisin treats it will jump up and grab ahold of the raison and wont let go, I carried it around for five minutes before it let go, yes I timed it lol.

Our hens and pullets were named by my 4yr-old daughter.
love.gif

Our White Leghorn Hen is named "Fred"
Our Red Sex-Link Hen is named "Red"
Our Rumpless Easter Egger is named "Goldie"
Our other Easter Egger is named "Shed"
Our third Easter Egger is named "Olive"

- We just got three 8wk old pullets yesterday...
Our smallest Blue Splash Maran / Americauna mix pullet is named "Genya Peepers"
Our medium-sized Blue Splash Maran / Americauna mix pullet is named "Frank Peepers"
Our large Blue Splash Maran / Americauna mix pullet is named "Penny Peepers"

Last edited:
We have a white Silkie hen my brother and I have named Pixie. She has several chicks, two golden Silkies, four grey Silkies, and one mixed chick whose mother we're assuming is not Pixie, haha. Their names are Saffron, Dandy (short for Dandelion), Quicksilver, Mercury, Indigo, Tempest, and Oaken, respectively.

Our less original names include a white Silkie male named Snowflake, a golden bantam named Goldie, and a couple Rhode Island Reds named Flame, Fireball, and the like.

We also used to have three siblings (all white bantams) named Snow Dust (Dusty for short), Snowy Owl (Owl), and Snowstorm.

Here are the newest additions to our flock. Since my daughter & I got to name the first 8 chickens we got, we let my husband name #9 and #10. Please allow me to introduce everyone to Bootsy (on the left) & Barbarella (on the right).
big_smile.png

Delaware hens: Chief and Annalise
Dominique hens: Goldie and Ruby + one Roo named Pearl Jam (when we realized he was a Roo!)
Wellsummer hens: Henny, Penny and Viola (HPV
lau.gif
for short because we can't tell them apart and talk about them as a group) with two Roos Jimtastic and Slim (aka SlimJim)

14 week old Buff and Silver Wyandotte hens have yet to be named.
They are best friends so they need related names.
Anyone care to help me think of two?

Personalities: The Silver is all over the place. Acts like a puppy getting excited when the wind blows leaves and flying around like a cat that decides she has to be over there IMMEDIATELY. Very funny. The Buff- she's a tag along and quick to get out of the way of the senior hens.

Back
Top Bottom