Best Chicken Names..List yours!

All Hens

3 Rhode Island reds = Erica, Nicole, & Jaqlyn (named after the Dahm triplets(playboy centerfolds)

2 Black Australorps = Venus & Serena

Americauna = Amy

Plymouth Rock = Poly

Mischievous brown leghorn: Loki
Plymouth rock who was letting out long, loud cries when we met her: Maria (a typical name for opera singers)
A red sex link who we later realized is Maria's lover: Selkie
A wise, watchful welsummer who was the most watchful of the crew: Athena
A New Hampshire, after my hometown in that state: Sandown/Sandy
A Polish/sexlink mix who was spontaneously named as I chased her away from our corn: Spotty
A Polish/leghorn/who knows what who is all black and likely Spotty's half-sister: Shar (fictional night goddess)
A silver laced wyandotte whose pattern kind of looked like Go stones: Hikaru (a main character in an anime about the game, Go)
An easter egger rooster who flew over the high fence and sent us on a chicken chase through the neighborhood: Icarus

Mischievous brown leghorn: Loki
Plymouth rock who was letting out long, loud cries when we met her: Maria (a typical name for opera singers)
A red sex link who we later realized is Maria's lover: Selkie
A wise, watchful welsummer who was the most watchful of the crew: Athena
A New Hampshire, after my hometown in that state: Sandown/Sandy
A Polish/sexlink mix who was spontaneously named as I chased her away from our corn: Spotty
A Polish/leghorn/who knows what who is all black and likely Spotty's half-sister: Shar (fictional night goddess)
A silver laced wyandotte whose pattern kind of looked like Go stones: Hikaru (a main character in an anime about the game, Go)
An easter egger rooster who flew over the high fence and sent us on a chicken chase through the neighborhood: Icarus

Icarus= well played!

I've got a
Worf
Data
The Klingon
Deanna
Beverly
Lagertha
Gyda
Hope
Clodagh
Powder
Betty
Charley
Rose
Trace
George
Gracie
Flygirl
Dorothy
Flufff
Cameo
& a dainty little Silkied Serama name of Fifi

We have lots of chickens, but some have earned names-
Elvis is our HUGE Buff Orpington roo whose comb is totally smooth on top due to a frostbite issue his 1st cold season)
Mama-constantly broody BO hen
Scraggles-she is a BO that had a whole year of just looking a mess!
Lone Survivor-she is the only BO Mama hatched and raised chick to make it past hawk predation that year
Forkie-Barred Rock hen with a forked comb up front that stands out from the 20 other hens
Steve-Banty roo that appeared in the neighbor dog's mouth one day-don't know anyone else with chickens close by...where did that bird come from?! My 5-year-old named him, saying "Steve, (imagine a dreamy look/voice) I love that name." ??? I don't know what kind of chicken he is, but he's beautiful and must have been a late season hatch because he just started to crow in the past 2 weeks.

Haha. We have a roo named Elvis too. His dad is a splash laced red Wyandotte and his mom is a red star. So he's this awesome white rooster with dark red and gold on him and a great big rose comb. His favorite lady is a silkie/laying hen mix named Priscilla.

Haha. We have a roo named Elvis too. His dad is a splash laced red Wyandotte and his mom is a red star. So he's this awesome white rooster with dark red and gold on him and a great big rose comb. His favorite lady is a silkie/laying hen mix named Priscilla.

I love Elvis for a rooster name! That was my original plan for getting a rooster. But, when one of my Golden Girls turned out to be a rooster(The one I named Dorothy, go figure!), we named him Stanley to keep the theme consistent. LOL

I wanted a Marans Rooster named Elvis eventually, this being our first flock and all. I ended up with a BO roo named Stanley, instead. Funny how things work out sometimes. Some day...I'll have my Elvis!

Here are pics of my BO Elvis-he's huge and likes to make sure everyone knows he's the boss. He hasn't flogged me in awhile, so we've let him grow out his spurs to what looks like about 4-5inches. If he starts getting aggressive again(spring seems to do that to him) we will strip them back down. But, he's too cool with his deep crow throughout the day!

Here are pics of my BO Elvis-he's huge and likes to make sure everyone knows he's the boss. He hasn't flogged me in awhile, so we've let him grow out his spurs to what looks like about 4-5inches. If he starts getting aggressive again(spring seems to do that to him) we will strip them back down. But, he's too cool with his deep crow throughout the day!

He's quite beautiful! Me and Stanley are in an abusive relationship. He flogs me almost daily since another roo entered the picture. But I am hoping that more hens to keep his attention(chicken math struck us with 2 roos & 5 hens) might take the edge off. He's really a wonderful rooster, though. He fought off a hawk and prevented it from killing Sophia. He got lots of hugs and love for that! His spurs are only about 1 inch right now, but they're tearing up the ladies' wings and my knees, as well. So, I need to find a humane way to take em down for a while. I never intended to de-spur because I wanted them to be as natural as possible. But, I also want to NOT have bruises on my knees for 4th of July. I have a pool party to go to.
lol.png

I adore him, though. I know he's a rooster and the only context in which he comes at me, is not at all malicious like he's just being mean to be mean. It's when I go near his favorite or have to handle one of them for whatever. But when he gets too out of line, I snatch him up and take him to the porch. It calms him right down & he just sits in my lap and hangs out. I guess he's complicated.

Back
Top Bottom