Best Chicken Names..List yours!

DUMB ***
RAMONA
BEATRIZ
BATMAN
SPIDEURMANE
WONDER WOMAN
HULK
CAPTAIN AMERICAS (SOOOOOOOOOSSSSS AWESHUM WIF MUSCLEYS!!!!)
WOBIN ROBIN
HOOPER SCOOPER
BLACK WIDOWE
THOR
ZEUUUUUSEY DOOSSSEY
MOUSSE
SHMUCKERZ
SQUIRTZ
BABE
BOOOMER

THOSE AURE ALLS MI CHIGGENS NAMES!!

Cher, Janice Joplin, Dotti, Daisy, Sharona

I love this thread!
thumbsup.gif

I haven't gotten my chickens yet but I do have some names picked out.
Easter egger- Mable
Columbian wyandotte- Gladis
Blue laced wyandotte- Daloris
Speckled sussex- Dusty snow
Blue Andalusian- Dutchess
Black australorp- Hara
Black minorca- Persephone or Clarisse (haven't decided yet)

and for my rooster I have to pick between a barred rock or a golden campine but their names will be:
Barred rock- Reptar
Golden Campine- Howel

We like to come up with themed names or unique names that fit the chicken's personality or whatever.

BLRW flock: Alfredo (roo), Marsala, Rosemary, Florentine; extra roos: Curry & Cordon
past names: Kabob, Teriyaki, & Dumplin'

Marans flock: BC (roo came to us as "Big Comb" + he's a blue copper), Buffy & Willow
past names: Cordy, Anya, Faith & Angel

Ameraucana (splashes): Sterling & Silver (roos), Powder, Puff, Marley, Carrara, & Opal
Ameraucana (wheaten): Amaretto & Butter"Scotch" (roos), Buttercup, Sandy, Carmela (chick)
Ameraucana (black): Cricket

SLW: Larry (was supposed to be Lacey) and Agnes (for AG = silver)
upcoming pullets: Lacey, Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, & Janice and I'm stealing somebody's Cruella & DeVil (thanks!
wink.png
)

Delaware hens: Odessa & Laurel (city/town in Delaware)

I have tons more, but some particular funny/unique ones are:
Crusty ~ he was all "crusty" from a busted yolk when he hatched
EB ~ for Elizabeth Blackwell because she lost an eye due to injury
Pie ~ for chicken pot pie
Noodle ~ for chicken noodle soup
Rotten ~ for a spoiled rotten roo we had
Dizzy ~ because she always ran around in circles as a chick
Saki ~ a rumpless (by accident); means rare or unique
Chatty & Gabby ~ our very talkative EE hens

Have a bunch more chicks coming up, so thanks for all the great name ideas you guys have posted!!

Benjamin - Barred Rock Rooster
Whodat - Black Cochin Bantam Rooster (he is the first one out of the coop or fisrt to the door, (Like whodat coming?)
Tinyroo - Black Cochin Bantam Rooster
Chiefaroo - EE Rooster
Scratch - EE Rooster
Fancy Feet - Black Cochin Bantam Hen (feathers on her feet)
Rhoadie (RIR Rooster)
LuLu (EE Hen)
Lots of hens with no names waiting to make sure they are hens. We bought 14 from a private seller and 11 were roosters. We have alot of roosters to give away! Can't decide who goes yet except for Whodat, he definately stays.

Ruby and Poppy......RIR's
Blaze......New Hampshire
Emma......Buff Orpington
Wishbone......Barred Rock
Pearl......White Leghorn
Wilma......Easter Egger
Olive......Olive Egger
Bronte......Cream Legbar
Paloma......Penedescenca
Kip......Welsummer. (Kip means chicken in Dutch)
Garbo......Swedish Flower Hen

We have for the cockerels: Rooney (Plymouth Rock), Cocky Locky (Buff Brahma Bantam), Mr. FluffyPants (White Cochin), Fireball (Partridge Rock), and Snowball (White Silkie)

For the pullets (not all are named! Too many look identical!): Baby (both Buff Orpingtons... my little grandson named them), Shelly (Black Australorp), Bea (Queen of the Coop... a Plymouth Rock), Little Red (Rhode Island Red), and Henny Penny (Buff Brahma Bantam).

We still have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Plymouth Rocks, 1 Black Australorp, and 3 New Hampshire Reds that need naming. I've been waiting for their personalities and some type of distinguishing features to come out to help us differentiate between them all!

Well since you asked! ...and you get as a FREE BONUS the method to the madness behind those names!
1. Brahma - "CHICKEN SOX"
If you can't figure why that's so D_ _ _ funny, you've never seen a Brahma! 'Nough said!
2. Brahma- "CHEE-TOES"
She's the color of the Cheetos Leopard, and her toes are orange.
3. Welsummer- "SAINT MARGARET"
Sibling, "POPE EGGS BENEDICT XVII"
went back to the "I wasn't suppose to be a cockerel" store. I traded for a less catholic pullet. More of a "lay" member of the church.
4&5 Andalusians- "THE SISTERS FUGLY"
aka: THING 1 and THING 2. They remind me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo.................
"Mine, mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,mine,....."
6. Speckled Sussux- "THE BABE" (pullet I received at the "I wasn't suppose to be a cockerel" store. I call her THE BABE, because just like Babe Ruth, I made the greatest trade in history! And I don't care who 'ya are, that thar' is funny...real funny...I'm still laughin' cause that thar' is still funny.
Yup, those are my chicken names.
NEXT QUESTION.

Diapers (Black/red sexlink)
Magpie(austrolorp)
Teenie-Weenie(Black/red sexlink)
Guinea (Yes it is a chicken.....its markings look like a guinea's though) (NOT REALLY SURE)
Penny(Black/Red Sexlink)

Back
Top Bottom