Best Duck Names

She is beautiful and you picked the perfect name for her.

Thanks so much, Patty :)

I named one of my crested ducks Topper then we have a black or chocolate runner named Hershey.  These are the names of all of our ducks, Topper, Hershey, Yoo Hoo, (after the chocolate milk drink)  Thelma and Louise, Rhonda Runner, Uno, Sonny, Bonnie and Clyde,Dee Dee, Donald. C.P. (short for cutie pie) Freckles, Spot, Que Sera.  I hope I got all of them.

Patty

Ahhh! Yoo Hoo, I love that! It's precious! I want to see pictures of your babies!

Yes they do.  I helped one baby duck hatch because her mother had deserted the nest.  She bonded with me and a little duck that I had in the brooder because he was disabled.  

Patty

Yes, they do! I a d o r e the imprinting process!

Uno almost 2 weeks old

Que Sera 4 weeks old

Thelma, Sonny, Yoo Hoo, Hershey and Louise in the back . Yoo Hoo and Hershey 4 weeks old

Turbo our beloved little disabled duck that passed away and Que Sera

Turbo in the flowers

Flinstone names, I love it!!!! :) I have always been a fan of Curly, Larry, and Mo. :) My ducks were named by Kindergarten students... The 1st 2 ducklings who hatched earned their names... and their reputation... Braveheart and Jailbird. At less than 24 hours old, these two little repeat offenders made there first of several escapes from our classroom duck baby pool (filled with shavings) where they lived after they left the incubator. When my class and I left for lunch that 1st day, the 2 ducklings FLEW THE COOP and tried to follow us to lunch. Their grand plan was foiled though my a nearby pre-K teacher who heard then peeping loudly as they waddled down the school hallway. :) Given their daring and sociable personalities, as well as their resistance to "the pin," we fondly named them Braveheart and Jailbird. The 3rd duckling to hatch was named Patito: This means "duck" in Spanish. Patito "hatched" during Spanish class. From left: Braveheart, Jailbird, and Patito
That is the cutest story! I love the picture of them roaming the classroom! My son had chicken eggs last year in his kindergarten class. He thought it was the neatest thing. He came home wanting a duckling or chick and got two pekin ducklings just after Easter! We love them. Thanks for sharing this adorable story! :)

This is Milly and Gilly. They fill my heart with lots of love !

James (left), Jessie (right).
When I got them, my friend said one needed to be named James, and my reaction was to name the other Jessie. Sometimes, I'd call her Jess, or Jessica.
Everyone I told got a kick out of it.
smile.png

Recently, Jessie was killed, so I'm trying to find a couple companions for James.
They'll probably end up being Thelma and Louise.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom