Best fodder for quail?

I sprout barley for my quail and chickens as their primary feed source. They are all healthy and love the sprouts! For quail barley should be sprouted until it is 3-4 inches tall, that's when the protein is at its max
What do you give them other than the sprouted barley to bump the protein up in their diet?

What do you give them other than the sprouted barley to bump the protein up in their diet?

Sprouted alfalfa seeds are high in protein and they love them. If you can grow clover for them they love that too and it's related to alfalfa so is another high protein green food.

Sprouted alfalfa seeds are high in protein and they love them. If you can grow clover for them they love that too and it's related to alfalfa so is another high protein green food.
great to know! where do you purchase your alfalfa/clover seeds?

I'm more than likely in a different country to you, so I can't help you there. I get my alfalfa and clover seeds from a local online seed company. Alfalfa seeds should be able to be purchased at health food shops too as they are good for us to eat as sprouts too.

Back
Top Bottom