Best gamefowl bloodline for eggs?

Red Mangrove

Songster
Jan 25, 2023
Someone gave me 13 gamefowl chicks a couple of years ago. To sum up a long story, he doesn't know anything about them. However they've grown up to be absolutely fantastic chickens that can both prosper in the wild and provide me with far more eggs than I know what to do with

Lately I've been wanting to get a game rooster to breed with my flock, but I honestly have no idea which bloodline would suit me best. There's almost no information available on the internet about gamefowl and egg production

Is there a bloodline that produces an acceptable amount of eggs? I've heard that liege and indio gigante produce a lot of eggs but these particular chickens seem very rare. Which breeds should I be looking around for?

I just asked chatGPT. Here's what he listed when asked about gamefowl egg production
Screenshot_20230401-183648-981.png

I have heard mixed things about indio gigante. This sketch should help identify the breeds based on the adult birds posture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501_233041_Brave-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230501_233041_Brave-01.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 29
Someone gave me 13 gamefowl chicks a couple of years ago. To sum up a long story, he doesn't know anything about them. However they've grown up to be absolutely fantastic chickens that can both prosper in the wild and provide me with far more eggs than I know what to do with

Lately I've been wanting to get a game rooster to breed with my flock, but I honestly have no idea which bloodline would suit me best. There's almost no information available on the internet about gamefowl and egg production

Is there a bloodline that produces an acceptable amount of eggs? I've heard that liege and indio gigante produce a lot of eggs but these particular chickens seem very rare. Which breeds should I be looking around for?
not sure liege are even game. i know indio arent game. your chatgpt is wrong. i get way more than 30 eggs from my asils per year. cubalayas are very good layers and broody

not sure liege are even game. i know indio arent game. your chatgpt is wrong. i get way more than 30 eggs from my asils per year. cubalayas are very good layers and broody
I've experimented much with AI this year and chatGPT 3.5 is almost always universally wrong when it comes to chickens. I assume it was exclusively fed information from ivory tower wikipedia nerds that haven't stepped outside in many years

In fact I would say that the majority of text it produces on this subject is simply a legal disclaimer to protect itself

Completely useless

Back
Top Bottom