Best hatchery for cornishX

ultasol

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
SE Washington
I've been reading about some of the issues backyard chicken members have had with growth in their cornishX this past year. I did a pen of meat birds this year, and want to do more in 2010. What hatcheries have provided you with cornishx or broilers that have performed consistently year after year, or batch after batch?

we are selves were not happy with the performance from welp hatchery,
they just didnt grow as fast as we wouldve thought, but the taste was unbeatable
i am not trying to dis welp just giving are experience, i hope this helped you some,
i think we are gonna try murryy mcmurry meat birds next

Chicks are like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get.
big_smile.png

Seriously, I have had good and bad batches from the same hatchery. For CX, the hatcheries are pretty much at the mercy of two or three companies involved in the development of the CX- whether they are just purchasing eggs or the parent stock.

which is the hatchery with the colored ranges? How do they compare to the regular Cross X?

We ordered from Central hatchery in Nebraska both times we did them. Of the 93 in the boxes that shipped to us, 93 went to process with no losses in 10 weeks. We also fed ours 12 on and 12 off and I do know that makes a difference but very healthy birds have been our experience.

Back
Top Bottom