Cornish Rock cross finished size issues

I raised Cornish for the first time last fall and at 8 weeks dressed my birds were the same 3 to 5 lbs. I said if I do it again I’d keep em an extra week maybe only order roosters. I’d seen the YouTubers that went 8 weeks and their birds were over 5 lbs. wonder now if that was the start of the dwarf birds. Basically mine averaged 4.5 lbs at 8 weeks. Feeding the quality feed and all. I ordered mine from meyers but they were direct shipped from the hatchery.

Hey I'm not saying it will be equal to everything you've spent, but it would be something. Don't ask for the refund if you don't want to. Again, it's just an unfortunate situation all around.
I’m just saying a refund at this point is fairly meaningless.
IMO I would finish growing them out . Figure out what you actually have. And if they are layers, sell them as pullets if you don’t want them. Around here pullets are bringing $25-35

I raised Cornish for the first time last fall and at 8 weeks dressed my birds were the same 3 to 5 lbs. I said if I do it again I’d keep em an extra week maybe only order roosters. I’d seen the YouTubers that went 8 weeks and their birds were over 5 lbs. wonder now if that was the start of the dwarf birds. Basically mine averaged 4.5 lbs at 8 weeks. Feeding the quality feed and all. I ordered mine from meyers but they were direct shipped from the hatchery.
I had CX from Meyer last fall and they dressed out at 6.5-8.5 lbs at 8 weeks. I wonder what the difference was.

I’m just saying a refund at this point is fairly meaningless.
IMO I would finish growing them out . Figure out what you actually have. And if they are layers, sell them as pullets if you don’t want them. Around here pullets are bringing $25-35
Well I proposed them getting a refund because it seems from their original post that they already processed the birds.

I agree with doing what you're proposing if they still have the birds, but why not also try to get a refund to make up for some of the cost of the extra feed?

Back
Top Bottom