best place to buy guinea keets for cheap

Why not place a "wanted; guineas" ad on Craig's List, Farm and Garden section? A lot of people sell their keets online and people like me who will have them this spring often take orders in advance. It's always better to buy your keets from someone local. Shipping is very hard on keets and a lot of them won't survive it. Buying local also allows you to get as few or as many as you want.
You can also ask at local feed stores. They know who is always buying feed for their birds!
wink.png

I would suggest buying eggs. They ship easily enough if wrapped in bubble wrap and then put in an egg carton and wrapped in bubble wrap again. They are only about $2 each or less and are less risky to post, because they're not alive yet, and it doesn't matter if they sit in the post for a few days. I've postid heaps of eggs all over Australia so if you find someone who sells them cheap anywhere in the US they should be able to post country wide. And it is possible to post as little eggs as you need - if you want less than 12 just get them to leave the other egg carton holes empty. You just need and incubator.

I do ship keets with great care- I spend the extra myself on go gel and a heat pad. I also require no more than two day- depending on the distance from me. I have shipped from Maryland to Oregon with no keet loss. However, it can be stressful and a lot depends on the post office personnel. I always ask they personally handle and keep with them in the truck for temperature stability.

I bought mine from e-fowl (came from cackle) last summer. I bought 30 for about $100 with free shipping, sold ten locally for $50 and traded six for chicks, so all in all a good deal. I knew I didn't want 30 though I have the land to handle it, but I'm glad I'm down to five since they're loud and jerks.

Hello! I'm new to this and I mean by that I haven't even started yet! Just doing my research before I jump into this. I'm on 65 acres and have plenty of room. What's the lest amount you should get for a flock for them to feel comfortable and happy. Don't want to get to many to start. Was thinking maybe 3-4 at first? I've been looking at how to build a coop and stuff like this but how old do you usually get the keets when ordering and what's the best feed for them and how much do you feed at first? If I'm going to do this I want the best for them and also what kind of diseases do they carry and how to manage them???

Hello! I'm new to this and I mean by that I haven't even started yet! Just doing my research before I jump into this. I'm on 65 acres and have plenty of room. What's the lest amount you should get for a flock for them to feel comfortable and happy. Don't want to get to many to start. Was thinking maybe 3-4 at first? I've been looking at how to build a coop and stuff like this but how old do you usually get the keets when ordering and what's the best feed for them and how much do you feed at first? If I'm going to do this I want the best for them and also what kind of diseases do they carry and how to manage them???

The recommended minimum number of guineas is 10. They are a flock bird and do best when there are more of them.

The coop should be built with a minimum of 4 sq. ft. of free floor space per bird. A tall coop is preferred as the guineas like to roost high.

Ordered keets are normally 1 day old when shipped. Most places have a 25 keet minimum when ordered but there are some places that will ship a minimum of 15 keets.

Keets need a quality high protein starter feed. I recommend a turkey or gamebird starter that is at least 26% protein or higher. I keep the feeders full and let the keets eat as much as they want. @PeepsCA recommends a high protein starter feed with amprolium in it to protect the keets against coccidiosis.

Keets should be started under heat that is 95°F measured at the bedding level. The temperature can be reduced by 5°F each week until it is down to the ambient temperature.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom