Best Tasting Chicken Breed

Quote:
hugs.gif

Quote:
I too find the honeybird the tastiest chicken breed. It is very healthy as it envelopes itself in all natural sugars and polens. My Grandmother , then my Mother used to drizzle honey from their beehive on roast chicken. Now, my wife does too except I get the wild honey from my next door neighbor's hive who shares his bounty. However , I find that the tastiest engineered crossbred , bar none, to be the TURDUCKHEN.

As someone said previously - "taste" is very subjective and very much of an individual thing. Taste is acquired. Little if anything objective about best "tasting". Tenderness can be measured by a shear test. But flavor and taste - each person can have a different preferred taste.

I think "freshness" has a lot to do with good tasting. Environmental conditions - how the birds are raised can affect taste....perhaps more than anything else.

regarding the Dorking being number 1 in the heritage taste test. I think Buckeye was tied for 3rd? Last year, I believe the test had Buckeye as number 1. However, I can't recall if Dorking was one of the breeds included in the test last year.

I am sure there are some subtle taste differences among different breeds, but be leary of putting 100% faith in someone else's taste. my 2 cents

I have found that most of the RIRs BRs BOs and ones like that all taste the same to me. I recently did CornishXs and wow, I will be eating more of these
smile.png

I agree with freshness always being the best! Free range birds taste better to me too.

Last edited:
THE WAY I ALWAYS WAS TOLD BY MY LATE FATHER IS THE CORNISH X; IS THE SAME AS A CORNISH ROCK, WHICH IS A CROSS BETWEEN A WHITE ROCK AND A LIGHT CORNISH

The birds you raise yourself taste the best. I'd like to say that but realize some people can't cook. So will have to change it to the birds you raise yourself and are cooked by competent person taste the best.

You ever notice the people who can't cook also have a hard time keeping a plant alive? You know what I mean, an individual that can kill a cactus also believe hard boiled eggs should be boiled 30 minutes or until HARD.

I can't help, but my eyes tricked me on the title of your post, and I saw "Best Tasting Chicken Bread."

Rangers are supposed to be good.
check out 'Living Traditions homestead' they raised Cx & freedom rangers side by side plus did taste tests etc. It's so well done. It will BLOW YOUR SOCKS CLEAN OFF! on youtube.com N

Back
Top Bottom