Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
OK! Time for another weigh-in. I was on time this round at exactly 24 weeks. Do keep in mind, as stated last weigh-in, due to feed changes these weights probably reflect about 2 weeks of suboptimal growth. That being said, 100% of roosters and 25% of the hens are now over 5 lbs, which would be my minimum processing weight if these were going to be broilers. The numbers...

#Bielefelders
24 weeks old

Roosters
Range 5.2-6.2 lbs
Average 5.71 lbs

Hens
Range 3.8-5.45 lbs
Average 4.34 lbs

I think this guy is such a pretty rooster, 24 weeks old. He is very alert, eyes always on the sky as seen here. He has shown absolutely no aggression yet. Just wish I'd managed to hatch some females!
Too bad you live where it's snowing, so I know you don't live close to me. I already have 7 girl's over here, and a hatch of 7 more egg's due on Thursday.

Uh... how have I not found this thread before?!

Incoming pic dump of my beloved boy, Oppenheimer <3

Mystery chick from Murray, hatch date ~ 07/29/2020...
View attachment 2971500

Awkward teenage phase -- the surprise flash didn't help, 4-5 weeks old...
View attachment 2971503

A little bit more grown at 3.5 months, note the eye color change from baby blue!
View attachment 2971514

6 months, and yes he gets handled a LOT and carried inside. I think he's watching TV in this pic.
View attachment 2971517

9 months, and hangs out in the shopping cart when we are in PetSmart. :)
View attachment 2971519

11 months. POOF! Spurs have come in. His temperament is still excellent.
View attachment 2971522

A year old, and looking INTENSE.
View attachment 2971524

Wishing you all a (belated) merry Christmas!
View attachment 2971525

And, at 18 months, putting up with being a mount for a Serama buddy. He just really wants to go back outside to his ladies. At this age, he weights 8.5 pounds.
View attachment 2971526

I also have two hens that just started laying a bit at 7 months. In the spring, I will be incubating some of their eggs, and also picking up a set of hatching eggs from Vitoria Farms to get a good little Bielefelder flock going. :) I've loved seeing all your stories!
I LOVE him!! I am starting out with chicks for the first time this year, due to ship in April. Biels are my top choice for a sustainable flock so I'm starting with 4 hens, 1 roo. I'm also going with a few Niederrheiners. I'm dubbing them the F troop: friendly fluffy fowl.

822CC217-E77B-409F-B1FC-8E9CC1CAA920.jpeg

Her markings make her look so cranky lol. She was starring in a story about a chick that likes to eat people and totally at ease being gently cradled back and forth

Back
Top Bottom