Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
Yep! They’re replacing her crele roo that had to go to the farm (literally, he’s a bug eater now vs being eaten)
7C3C5CF4-4B79-4C1B-B2B8-3EED0DB2AEEF.jpeg

Ok, my latest hatch just finished up last night. On the Bielefelder's, I am now up to 11 pullet's and 3 cockerel's, and they are from 3 different states of shipped egg's. I think that I need a hatching break. I'll have to take some picture's of all of the age group's of them later on.
That's a nice ratio, what was your hatch rate in the different batches?

That's a nice ratio, what was your hatch rate in the different batches?
Batch 1 was from Illinois. Had a dozen, 6 hatched, but the only boy that hatched was to weak to thrive.

Batch 2 was from Georgia. Had a dozen, 4 hatched. There was 2 boy's and 2 girl's.

Batch 3 was from Texas. had a dozen, 5 hatched. There are 4 girl's and 1 boy. 2 more girl's tried to hatch on the underside of the egg and I didn't notice it. I think those 2 drowned in the egg fluid's, as they were pretty bloody. They might have pecked through a vein or something.

Last edited:
out of my 10 bielefelder surprise hatch chicks only three were pullets(Barbara, Rebecca, and Betsy Anne) and guess what today they laid their first eggs!!!
Isn't it great that you know right away after they hatch to be correct in giving it a girl or a boy name? Unfortunately I cannot name any of my girl's Barbara, as I wouldn't know if my DH was talking to me or the pullet. :lau

Back
Top Bottom