Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
Wow a bantam Bielefelder? That's so cool. How big is she supposed to get?
GFF has these two photos to show the difference 😍 Which is much more suitable for my backyard 🥰

Attachments

• BDE7FF76-87C4-4ADE-9E40-6BEFC1421281.jpeg
    BDE7FF76-87C4-4ADE-9E40-6BEFC1421281.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 3E7F9B31-BBC0-4563-ACCC-AF8DC4F0ECB0.jpeg
    3E7F9B31-BBC0-4563-ACCC-AF8DC4F0ECB0.jpeg
    951.5 KB · Views: 9
Just got my first Bielefelder this week! She’s a bantam too!! Someone local managed to get two hatching eggs from Greenfire Farms and sold me the one that hatched. I’m very excited about her, she’s already the favorite 😍
Yes, they can come in the bantam size too. I have the larger sized ones.

Awww, how adorable! If I had a bantam Biel, I'd probably never be able to let it stay in the coop. It would be my pocket chick and then house chicken.

My dog would have something to say about it, so it's not a good idea.
Yeah, I was sold all the rest of his Greenfire farms hatch, so I got a bunch of random chicks for $30 total! GFF sells the bantam Bielefelder females for $99/each and I got her for $5!!! Super excited. So she is in the house in a brooder with two Silverrudd's Blues, a naked neck, a Spangle Orloff and a Silver Spangled Spitzhaben. She's just adorable and I'm already preferentially holding her the most often haha. I hope she grows up big and strong and healthy...shipped eggs chicks always seem a bit less hardy. My dog has very much had to learn that chickens are not meat treats or dog toys...it's taken 2.5 years, but he is finally there! :D I've lost a few quail along the way as they are not nearly as calm and cooperative when they escape...but we got there. Now he focuses on the rats instead....much better choice!! :)

Yeah, I was sold all the rest of his Greenfire farms hatch, so I got a bunch of random chicks for $30 total! GFF sells the bantam Bielefelder females for $99/each and I got her for $5!!! Super excited. So she is in the house in a brooder with two Silverrudd's Blues, a naked neck, a Spangle Orloff and a Silver Spangled Spitzhaben. She's just adorable and I'm already preferentially holding her the most often haha. I hope she grows up big and strong and healthy...shipped eggs chicks always seem a bit less hardy. My dog has very much had to learn that chickens are not meat treats or dog toys...it's taken 2.5 years, but he is finally there! :D I've lost a few quail along the way as they are not nearly as calm and cooperative when they escape...but we got there. Now he focuses on the rats instead....much better choice!! :)
It's good that he's trying to help you get rid of the rat's.

@Sally PB No, I haven't started doing a hatch of mine this year yet. I'm waiting on hatching so that the pullet's won't be molting the first year. I do have that incubator that can hold 55 egg's though.

Back
Top Bottom