Big's Lobster Potstickers

bigmike&nan

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Scenic Jackson New Jersey
You might have to spend a couple hours building all the potstickers this recipe will make, but if you follow my forumula you'll end up with bags of them. GREAT for whipping out on a Monday Night Football crowd... Who else has the class to offer their guests LOBSTER pot stickers ?!?! That's right baby, YOU !!

Get yourself one of those pot sticker presses (most big grocery stores have them, if not hit eBay or William Sonoma for one. They're also sold in sets of all sizes (I got my set at a Ross Dress For Less in their kitchen accesory area).

potsticker.jpg

(use small press like bottom of photo, place filling on press as in upper part
of photo...)

Mis en place

1 lb frozen lobster tails (shells removed and used in sauce recipe below)
1/4 lb raw shrimp (shells removed and used in sauce recipe below)
1 rib celery, fine dice
3 sprigs cilantro, stems included
1/4 cup grated carrot
1 Tsp. chopped garlic
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
2 Tbls shallots, fine dice
3 scallions, fine dice
1 Tbls, freshly grated ginger
1 Tsp. garlic chile paste

for lobster sauce:

lobster shells (from above lobster tails)
2 Tbls. lobster meat scraps
1/4 lb raw shrimp, with shells (separate shells from shrimp)
1/2 yellow onion sliced
2 stalks celery sliced
3 sprigs cilantro
1 Tsp. Fine Herbs
1/2 Tsp. Salt and Pepper

3 cups cold water
14 oz. can chicken stock
2 Tbls rice

1 Tsp. Soy Sauce
1 Tsp. Sesame Oil

1 package won ton wrappers (3-4 inch round ones)

Place food processor bowl, lid and blade in freezer at least one hour prior to preparation. To get it extra cold place a bunch of ice cubes inside bowl. This is imperative !! Next thaw and remove shells from lobster and all shrimp, save shells for lobster sauce.

Next make lobster sauce: heat medium non-reactive pan, then add 1 tsp EVO, saute lobster and shrimp shells, turn to brown on all sides. now add shrimp meat and lobster scraps and saute 2 minutes. Now place remaining "sauce" ingredients on top of shells and add water and chicken stock, reduce to simmer and let simmer about 35 minutes. Remove shrimp and lobster shells, and then puree remaining product in blender. Strain and then return to saucepan and reduce to 1/2 it's original volume. Add 1 tsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil, a pinch of salt and pepper to season, taste your sauce, adjust accordingly. Pump it up with a little garlic chile paste if you like. Set aside to cool completely.

Now that food processor bowl is ice cold place all of 1st group of ingredients and pulse off and on for about 30 seconds until ingredients are well chopped and combined. DO NOT RUN food processor non-stop !! We are making a vegetable/seafood paste and you cannot get ingredients in food processor hot via a lot of friction !! Now remove paste to bowl and season with Salt and Pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour so it firms up.

Take won ton wrappers, a small bowl of water and your pot sticker press. Place won ton wrapper in center of press. Add about 2 Tsp of lobster/vegatable filling in center of one half of the press. Dip fingers in water, run along one edge of won ton wrapper. Then fold pot sticker press closed, they have zig-zagged edge which will seal up edges nicely. Place finished pot sticker on a sheet pan dusted with a tiny bit of flour. Repeat process until you have done about 30 pot stickers. Place that sheet pan in freezer. Pot stickers will setup hard in about 90 minutes. Repeat process for remaining pot stickers and when first batch is frozen breakup into individual freezer bags in groups of 12 or so... At service time prepare just as you would any other frozen potsticker. You can use the "lobster sauce" or any store brand dipping sauce or my Thai Peanut Dipping sauce and some soy sauce to dip in.

Serve plated on a small layer of Big's Asian Slaw base... WOW !!

Someone had asked me how you do this:
Ya sit yourself down at a chair with your "setup" and you crank the little gems out in batches of 12 to a pan. The pan's got a little flour in the bottom to help keep them from sticking to each other. The pan goes in the freezer and you work another batch in a similiar pan. Each pot sticker takes about 1 minute to build. Then that pan goes in and the previous pan is setup enough you can bag them. I got 8 bags of 15 out of this batch. These are lobster/scallop with the vegetables as described. I like serving this as an appetizer course with a teriyaki ribeye, asparagus and sticky rice.

P1010007.jpg

That's the Asian Slaw with Thai Peanut dressing adorning the corner of the plate. These are VERY rich and four goes a LONG WAY !!

The dipping sauce is a combination of half soy sauce, half seasoned rice wine vinegar, a dash of toasted sesame oil, a 1/4 tsp. of garlic chile paste and some scallion greens cut on the bias.

P1010008.jpg
[/COLOR][/b]

YOU are my new hero..
bow.gif

I AM going to make these...

Question: For the lobster sauce..its says 2 tbls rice? Is that cooked rice? To thicken up the sauce or?

Back
Top Bottom