Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Thank you guys for having around but this is the last time I ll post a comment.

seem to me that your chooks have a different genetic make up
I thought they are marans and they have a same genetic make up like the rest of the marans in the world.

SORRY I WAS WRONG THAT NOT THE CASE .

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL WITH YOUR CHOOKS.

All THE BEST.

Chooks man

please don't give up your comments. I live in greece and have no idea where the greek marans came from. I need as much information as possible.

a lot of people here want to learn. I personally prefer to hear about different experiences.

Thank you guys for having around but this is the last time I ll post a comment.

seem to me that your chooks have a different genetic make up
I thought they are marans and they have a same genetic make up like the rest of the marans in the world.

SORRY I WAS WRONG THAT NOT THE CASE .

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL WITH YOUR CHOOKS.

All THE BEST.

Chooks man
All your extensive experience with your chooks is very, very valuable to the rest of us. Please dont stop having the conversation. I, personally, am learning so much. Thanks again.

Chooks Man Just because one person has to start trouble the rest of us are learning from your experience and value your opinions on our birds. Just took what they say with a grain of salt. Thanks for your help and intrest in this breed and trying to maintain its purity.

I'm new with roos as others have read my other posts...our BCM ended up being a roo & we are keeping him as he's amazing with the girls. They are 12weeks now. At 16 weeks I'm changing to layer feed, but what feed do I use for him-naturally-he won't be laying so do I use something different and how do I keep others away from it? Is it a big no no to give him the layer feed as well since he's the only make out of 19 girls?
Thanks and I'll post updated pics this week

I'm new with roos as others have read my other posts...our BCM ended up being a roo & we are keeping him as he's amazing with the girls. They are 12weeks now. At 16 weeks I'm changing to layer feed, but what feed do I use for him-naturally-he won't be laying so do I use something different and how do I keep others away from it? Is it a big no no to give him the layer feed as well since he's the only make out of 19 girls?
Thanks and I'll post updated pics this week

I would give the male the same feed as the females.

I am deciding which cockerel to keep. After I took these pictures I eliminated one just from what I saw in the camera lens. So here is #1. I am only keeping one or none. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I am deciding which cockerel to keep. After I took these pictures I eliminated one just from what I saw in the camera lens. So here is #1. I am only keeping one or none. Any thoughts?
looks gorgeous to me!! You've made a good choice. I couldn't see the feathered legs from pic (that's my favorite part of BCM)

Now #2 (Sorry for the delay the hawk alarm went off in the middle of posting!)
They are five months old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom