Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Brother-sister is ok??? TOM

To get your breeding line it is ok to do once if they have no major problems. If they do have any major DQs then it would be a no go. If you do this single mating then you could breed the Dad to Daughter and the son to mother. After the first mating you would go into Linebreeding. Make sure you toe punch or slit all the Chicks for your records. Good Luck with your Marans.

Tom, If you do order eggs make sure there are only BC Marans in the pen they come out of. Lot of egg sellers have Black, Blue and splash in the same pen. If you are breeding for BC Marans you will not want this. I can PM you if you need to know more.

Thank you Don. I have contacted Brian Parks and hope we can work something out. I will keep you updated and be seeking advice.

When did your cockerel start displaying his dominance? Mine just turned 14 weeks and has found himself chasing a few pullets and even getting one to submit though she isn't laying eggs yet. Not sure if this is a normal timeframe or if there's an early bloomer here.
:/

When did your cockerel start displaying his dominance? Mine just turned 14 weeks and has found himself chasing a few pullets and even getting one to submit though she isn't laying eggs yet. Not sure if this is a normal timeframe or if there's an early bloomer here.
:/
my BCM roo is 19 wks and for 5 wks shown dominance, 3 wks now for getting 1 GC to be submissive. Good luck. Any girls showing squatting or other soon-to-be laying? He may have a feeling before it happens

my BCM roo is 19 wks and for 5 wks shown dominance, 3 wks now for getting 1 GC to be submissive. Good luck. Any girls showing squatting or other soon-to-be laying? He may have a feeling before it happens

Well he danced for 3 pullets yesterday and then took off for one in particular who was quick to oblige him. I don't think at 15 weeks those girls are close to laying but wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did.

Love these nesting boxes. Did you build them? Plan?

Me and my dad built them, we didn't really use any plans.

I do believe they are 14 H x 14 W, they might only be 1 foot in depth.

we added a 1 1/2 inch edge on the fronts to prevent bedding from falling out, I would go with something closer to 2 inches next time.

This was from my rhode island red rooster and barred rock hen.
Thoughts?

Trying to get some discussion going . Not much happening here lately??? Is this the dreaded carnation comb? Pene influence, absolute must cull !!! Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom