Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Thank you! we were so surprised to see how big he had gotten just at 6 months old, at first i was going to butcher the thing but he was just so nice i fell right in love with him

Isn't he? its a shame we have two many roos, so i'm giving himd and his brother away to someone. we're all going to miss him :hit
im just glad we dont have to put the two down :/

Last edited:
Okay I have a question! Are JG hens really that much bigger than other gen breeds? As I have looked at pictures it doesn't seem that they are huge, but my girl i have has grown really really fast. She will be 5 weeks on Friday. Is she going to be huge?! I saw that they stop growing at about 2 years. She's only 5 weeks and this big!

Hi kelsieann124,

Yes! My JG girls are noticeably larger than their flockmates. This holds true with my other mixed breeds that are half JG (I have a JG roo that is 13lbs and stands at over 25"). They are all very good sized. I love my jersey girls and can't get enough of them.

So just about a day or two ago i noticed that one of my jersey giant hens has been acting funny lately and she was missing all day today until i found her dust bathing with the other hens

And so after that i decided to follow the lil' thing and found her in our goat house all puffed up!

So i lifted her up and saw 8 chicken eggs under her and most of her chest feathers were missing.
This is her first spring and what luck! shes gone broody. i find it very funny that she went broody before my light brahmas but im not complaining
big_smile.png

i'm going to wait a couple more days to see if she gets really broody (hopefully) and let her hatch some chickies!

So just about a day or two ago i noticed that one of my jersey giant hens has been acting funny lately and she was missing all day today until i found her dust bathing with the other hens

And so after that i decided to follow the lil' thing and found her in our goat house all puffed up!

So i lifted her up and saw 8 chicken eggs under her and most of her chest feathers were missing.
This is her first spring and what luck! shes gone broody. i find it very funny that she went broody before my light brahmas but im not complaining
big_smile.png

i'm going to wait a couple more days to see if she gets really broody (hopefully) and let her hatch some chickies!

Oh how very exciting!!!

Back
Top Bottom