Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics
Nobody in this thread gave me an answer. Please help. This is a 2-3 month old blue jersey giant. Hen or roo
2-3 month range is a difficult time to sex JGs. When they are chicks it is easier and obviously in a couple months the differenced will be noticeable. Good looking bird though.

This is Goliath!! He is our roo!! We purchased 5 total and at this time I believe he is our only roo. The other red combed sweet heart is not crowing yet so fingers crossed..
smile.png

How old is this one?

Hello. He looks like a cockerel. His comb, wattle, size and age are signs of his gender. I hatched 12 JGs and all the males looked like yours at 3-4 months.

I have two gorgeous 1-yr old Jersey Giant Roosters for sale and am in Vancouver, WA.

• UPDATE: These roosters are sold.

Last edited:
We weighed this one at 8 pounds right now but, he has a few more months of packing on the weight before he is full sized. He's big, gorgeous, and mellow. Great all-around roo. Unfortunately, we are unable to keep him. The other one is slightly smaller but, just as mellow.

I looked into shipping and it is $50-60 to ship an adult chicken and I'd be willing to ship them if it meant a great home for them.

Back
Top Bottom