Blooie's Blankie Fort

Okay, who spiked my Margarita? Had LD (lockdown) marked for today's date on 3 separate calendars and STILL thought it was tomorrow! Well, they're only 12 hours late so I guess I'm okay. Technically it's still day 18, right?
barnie.gif
They're marked and locked down now.

Will be thinking about you and your family during your trip for Kendra's surgery.

Both of my daughters live in/around Denver, but toward the Southwest. Oldest works at UCH, which happens to be all the way East in Aurora, and the hospitals are definitely not in the greatest neighborhoods. (Technically not even in Denver.) I can't wait until she can go back to working in the satellite cancer treatment center much closer to her home.

We'll be up there for Memorial Day Weekend and are going to a Rockies game with the kids and grandkids. Can't wait! Although driving downtown is ummmm challenging to say the least.

Good luck on your hatch!!

Well, I was sitting here munching on Oreos and coloring in my new color book when it suddenly dawned on me that I'm a little late with updates, and lockdown is tomorrow. Ooops...

Still have 14 very viable chicks inside those eggs.....I can't believe it. The loose air cells snugged right up after only a couple of day upright in the cartons. @FridayYet says that with loose air cells you can mark the attached part with a solid line then use a dashed line to indicate where the air cell is loose. I did that, and now the only way I can even tell which ones were a little funny are the ones with that dashed line - new lines on them are solid!! Great idea, and I'm stealing it forever. Um, well, maybe not forever - I'm still not sure if this incubating stuff is for me. But we'll see.

Anyway, tomorrow is lockdown and Kendra's graduation from 2 years of pre-school at Children's Resource Center. Next school year she'll be attending pre-school at Rocky, where Katie and Evan attend. Big step for her - and we are blessed that her special helper from CRC will also be her assistant as she goes through elementary school. Not sure how we got so fortunate, but we all love Miss Pam and this will make Kendra's transition so much easier!
Kendra, Jenny and I leave for Denver in 2 weeks. Kendra will be having major abdominal surgery so we aren't sure how long we'll be down there. If you have a spare prayer in your back pocket, could you spare one for her? This is going to be very painful, life altering, and we can't explain any of it to her, which makes it double hard. Also I don't do Denver well....I hate it. Sorry, if you're from that area, but I hate it. Jenny and I lived there for 6 weeks waiting for Kendra to be born and have her back surgery, and I managed to find my way from the Ronald McDonald House to the hospitals, and from the RMH to Target. That was it! I am scared to death. But for Kendra.....

Update on the Littles.
Congrats on the Littles, they are getting BIG!! Congrats on the 14 viable eggs. I see in your later post that you just locked them down! Good luck!!

For your trip....I wish you the absolute best. You and Kendra will be in my thoughts. That is great that her helper is transitioning with her. My daughter had her aide transition stay with her from 4th to 8th grade. She moved to the school with her in 8th grade, but there was a student that was way more dependent on ASL, and she was assigned to that student. She is now back in Jessica's class, but not assigned to her full time. Frustrating because Jess goes to classes with NO sign language help at all. She has an app on her tablet to speak for her, but she still signs and gets frustrated when nobody understands her.

I can't even begin to imagine the stress you are feeling about this upcoming trip. Again, my thoughts are with you. I will only think positive thoughts.
hugs.gif

Well, I was sitting here munching on Oreos and coloring in my new color book when it suddenly dawned on me that I'm a little late with updates, and lockdown is tomorrow. Ooops... Still have 14 very viable chicks inside those eggs.....I can't believe it. The loose air cells snugged right up after only a couple of day upright in the cartons. @FridayYet says that with loose air cells you can mark the attached part with a solid line then use a dashed line to indicate where the air cell is loose. I did that, and now the only way I can even tell which ones were a little funny are the ones with that dashed line - new lines on them are solid!! Great idea, and I'm stealing it forever. Um, well, maybe not forever - I'm still not sure if this incubating stuff is for me. But we'll see. Anyway, tomorrow is lockdown and Kendra's graduation from 2 years of pre-school at Children's Resource Center. Next school year she'll be attending pre-school at Rocky, where Katie and Evan attend. Big step for her - and we are blessed that her special helper from CRC will also be her assistant as she goes through elementary school. Not sure how we got so fortunate, but we all love Miss Pam and this will make Kendra's transition so much easier! Kendra, Jenny and I leave for Denver in 2 weeks. Kendra will be having major abdominal surgery so we aren't sure how long we'll be down there. If you have a spare prayer in your back pocket, could you spare one for her? This is going to be very painful, life altering, and we can't explain any of it to her, which makes it double hard. Also I don't do Denver well....I hate it. Sorry, if you're from that area, but I hate it. Jenny and I lived there for 6 weeks waiting for Kendra to be born and have her back surgery, and I managed to find my way from the Ronald McDonald House to the hospitals, and from the RMH to Target. That was it! I am scared to death. But for Kendra..... Update on the Littles. Remember Sweetie Pie? His name is now Wilbur. He was our second to hatch, and good lookin' little Cream Legbar roo, if you ask me! That's Phoenix below him - she was the little White Orpington pullet we found "dead" in the run and revived using the incubator and a heating pad. Strong little stinker, ain't she? Blizzard, the White Orpington roo, with Phoenix right behind him. Obvious differences there, wouldn't you say? Blizzard and Yokel. Yokel was our first chick hatched and as promised he was name after @LocalYokel Total integration with the flock is now complete and went flawlessly. Even Sluf, the Naked Neck that was hiding in a Black Australorp egg, is out there with the Bigs even though he's a couple of weeks younger. Scratch time, and the Littles are getting their share! Love early integration!
Prayers going out for you all especially for Kendra. What is the abdominal surgery for? Good news about the aid what a blessing. Keep us up to date great job on the eggs and good luck with lockdown!

I;m s so sorry, I saw the chicken pictures and completely missed your news about Kendra's surgery. I hope it goes smoothly and she's out the other side ASAP.

Best wishes for a successful and smooth as possible surgery, prognosis, and recovery.
I too hate being in a big city, or even a small city.

Well, I was sitting here munching on Oreos and coloring in my new color book when it suddenly dawned on me that I'm a little late with updates, and lockdown is tomorrow. Ooops...

Still have 14 very viable chicks inside those eggs.....I can't believe it. The loose air cells snugged right up after only a couple of day upright in the cartons. @FridayYet says that with loose air cells you can mark the attached part with a solid line then use a dashed line to indicate where the air cell is loose. I did that, and now the only way I can even tell which ones were a little funny are the ones with that dashed line - new lines on them are solid!! Great idea, and I'm stealing it forever. Um, well, maybe not forever - I'm still not sure if this incubating stuff is for me. But we'll see.

Anyway, tomorrow is lockdown and Kendra's graduation from 2 years of pre-school at Children's Resource Center. Next school year she'll be attending pre-school at Rocky, where Katie and Evan attend. Big step for her - and we are blessed that her special helper from CRC will also be her assistant as she goes through elementary school. Not sure how we got so fortunate, but we all love Miss Pam and this will make Kendra's transition so much easier!

Kendra, Jenny and I leave for Denver in 2 weeks. Kendra will be having major abdominal surgery so we aren't sure how long we'll be down there. If you have a spare prayer in your back pocket, could you spare one for her? This is going to be very painful, life altering, and we can't explain any of it to her, which makes it double hard. Also I don't do Denver well....I hate it. Sorry, if you're from that area, but I hate it. Jenny and I lived there for 6 weeks waiting for Kendra to be born and have her back surgery, and I managed to find my way from the Ronald McDonald House to the hospitals, and from the RMH to Target. That was it! I am scared to death. But for Kendra.....

Update on the Littles.

Remember Sweetie Pie? His name is now Wilbur. He was our second to hatch, and good lookin' little Cream Legbar roo, if you ask me! That's Phoenix below him - she was the little White Orpington pullet we found "dead" in the run and revived using the incubator and a heating pad. Strong little stinker, ain't she?

Blizzard, the White Orpington roo, with Phoenix right behind him. Obvious differences there, wouldn't you say?

Blizzard and Yokel. Yokel was our first chick hatched and as promised he was name after @LocalYokel

Total integration with the flock is now complete and went flawlessly. Even Sluf, the Naked Neck that was hiding in a Black Australorp egg, is out there with the Bigs even though he's a couple of weeks younger.

Scratch time, and the Littles are getting their share! Love early integration!
Prayers for all of you!! Give her an extra hug before surgery and tell her it's from all her chicken family here on BYC.
wink.png

Okay, who spiked my Margarita? Had LD (lockdown) marked for today's date on 3 separate calendars and STILL thought it was tomorrow! Well, they're only 12 hours late so I guess I'm okay. Technically it's still day 18, right?
barnie.gif
They're marked and locked down now.

LMAO..... no internal pips yet??? Plenty of time....this is going to be a great hatch. And day 18 is day 18 some people lockdown early day 18 some people late day 18, so you are all good!!!

Thanks, guys - we'll always take prayers! Kendra's surgery is actually two separate surgeries being done at the same time. She is having both the MACE procedure and the Mitrofanoff procedure. Right now we have to catheterize Kendra 5 times a day and she gets a nightly enema. She has no nerves to her bowel or to her bladder, so she has no sensation of "having to go". This leads to either storing waste and having it back up sometimes, or leaking at other times, neither of which is good.

In these procedures, there will be two openings in her tummy with little buttons on them. We will be able to cath and do her enema through those buttons on her tummy, from the top down. This explains it in lay terms (with a little medical jargon tossed in) far better than I can. If we can go with the simpler procedures, it'll be a lot easier on her than if they have to also do a bladder augmentation, but there's no way to know if she needs that until they get started.

http://punsonline.org/multimedia/files/2013/Bladder-Augmentations-Mitrofanoffs-and-Maces.pdf

When we "lived" in Denver before, we were in Aurora, @FridayYet Not the best area, that's for sure, but that's where her clinics and doctors are so that's where we'll have to go too.

You'd have thought once the Silkie eggs realized they were in Lockdown they'd have gotten busy, but noooooo, they are going to wait until the last moment. They may end up hatching in the Brinsea Octagon 20 if I can't get this stupid Farm Innovators to steady down on temps and humidity. It's all over the place!! We'll see....

Well, I was sitting here munching on Oreos and coloring in my new color book when it suddenly dawned on me that I'm a little late with updates, and lockdown is tomorrow. Ooops... Still have 14 very viable chicks inside those eggs.....I can't believe it. The loose air cells snugged right up after only a couple of day upright in the cartons. @FridayYet says that with loose air cells you can mark the attached part with a solid line then use a dashed line to indicate where the air cell is loose. I did that, and now the only way I can even tell which ones were a little funny are the ones with that dashed line - new lines on them are solid!! Great idea, and I'm stealing it forever. Um, well, maybe not forever - I'm still not sure if this incubating stuff is for me. But we'll see. Anyway, tomorrow is lockdown and Kendra's graduation from 2 years of pre-school at Children's Resource Center. Next school year she'll be attending pre-school at Rocky, where Katie and Evan attend. Big step for her - and we are blessed that her special helper from CRC will also be her assistant as she goes through elementary school. Not sure how we got so fortunate, but we all love Miss Pam and this will make Kendra's transition so much easier! Kendra, Jenny and I leave for Denver in 2 weeks. Kendra will be having major abdominal surgery so we aren't sure how long we'll be down there. If you have a spare prayer in your back pocket, could you spare one for her? This is going to be very painful, life altering, and we can't explain any of it to her, which makes it double hard. Also I don't do Denver well....I hate it. Sorry, if you're from that area, but I hate it. Jenny and I lived there for 6 weeks waiting for Kendra to be born and have her back surgery, and I managed to find my way from the Ronald McDonald House to the hospitals, and from the RMH to Target. That was it! I am scared to death. But for Kendra..... Update on the Littles. Remember Sweetie Pie? His name is now Wilbur. He was our second to hatch, and good lookin' little Cream Legbar roo, if you ask me! That's Phoenix below him - she was the little White Orpington pullet we found "dead" in the run and revived using the incubator and a heating pad. Strong little stinker, ain't she? Blizzard, the White Orpington roo, with Phoenix right behind him. Obvious differences there, wouldn't you say? Blizzard and Yokel. Yokel was our first chick hatched and as promised he was name after @LocalYokel Total integration with the flock is now complete and went flawlessly. Even Sluf, the Naked Neck that was hiding in a Black Australorp egg, is out there with the Bigs even though he's a couple of weeks younger. Scratch time, and the Littles are getting their share! Love early integration!
Prayers headed your way. Beautiful chicks and chickens ya got there! May need to hatch some more..... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom