Blooie's Blankie Fort

Thanks! Remember those Silkie eggs I hatched last year.....every single one turned out to be a rooster.
oh no, I'd be really upset about that. I was lucky with my chicks. I got to keep 2 silkies and 2 polish/silkie crosses, which were the chooks I particularly wanted. I also got to keep a black copper maran. I got 8 living out of the dozen and got to keep 5. I was pretty pleased with that, especially as I'd never hatched before and it was all unknown, I thought lots would die or get eaten by their mamas or all sorts of things...... I didn't get any of the bad things I'd read about on the internet happen.

I hope you get silkie girls this time. They are such cuties.

Thanks! Remember those Silkie eggs I hatched last year.....every single one turned out to be a rooster. Yep. So I need those vibes this year because I had to get straight run chicks. Oh oh.
All of this years deceased chicks were males.
Want some choco?....turns and runs.

Now see, you were doing great with your first line.....it's your second one that raised an eyebrow over here!
lau.gif

First Pip!!

Today at ~7pm is day 21...tapped and clucked at incy this morning and it cheeped at me(I love that!!) then I spotted the pip.
Had some temp/humidity issues with this batch...glad to see at least one is still alive.

Going to either be an exciting day watching chicks hatch......or 12-24 hours of watching that first pip not do anything.

There's 30 layer eggs in there hatching for a local farmette, traded bacon and sausage and ham steaks for incubation services.

Back
Top Bottom