Blue Ameraucana thread!

One more picture

Finally started crowing today.

Last edited:
Well here's our pullet/rooster?? A few months later. No crowing yet, but no eggs either. Still not sure, but leaning towards rooster.
[/URL]
I have a Blue Ameraucana that has this coloring is this normal I have 2 others that are a more uniform lighter blue. Will it change to all of one color or remain the two toned of light and dark? My Ameraucana did not lay until she was 30 weeks old I told her if she did not start paying her way it will be off to grow out pens, not really she is beautiful with distinct lacing but the next day she laid a egg.

Hi all! Another chilcken farmer and myself are looking to purchase some BBS Ameraucana hatching eggs. We are interested in a true sky blue egg. We aren't so much concerned about show quality as we are bright blue eggs. Trouble is, we are having a hard time finding a) a breeder that has nice blue eggs without thegreen tint to them and b) a breeder that has hatching eggs available at this time. Can anyone help a couple guys trying to fill their families egg baskets with the color we so desire?

Last edited:
Hi all! Another chilcken farmer and myself are looking to purchase some BBS Ameraucana hatching eggs. We are interested in a true sky blue egg. We aren't so much concerned about show quality as we are bright blue eggs. Trouble is, we are having a hard time finding a) a breeder that has nice blue eggs without thegreen tint to them and b) a breeder that has hatching eggs available at this time. Can anyone help a couple guys trying to fill their families egg baskets with the color we so desire?

I have a Blue Ameraucana that has this coloring is this normal I have 2 others that are a more uniform lighter blue. Will it change to all of one color or remain the two toned of light and dark? My Ameraucana did not lay until she was 30 weeks old I told her if she did not start paying her way it will be off to grow out pens, not really she is beautiful with distinct lacing but the next day she laid a egg.

I have 2 blue ameraucana pullets. They are both darker than the normal blue color. I was told this was due to poor blood lines in breeding. Doesn't matter to me, as mine are not for breeding purposes. They lay a very light blue egg.

Back
Top Bottom