Where to find wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs

Attachments

• B8EA1FF8-82A9-4074-B3DD-D78E0F8CED78.jpeg
    B8EA1FF8-82A9-4074-B3DD-D78E0F8CED78.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 4
Ameraucana Alliance:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9Ni3gym6Cwdwn72ijwkm7e61rzpDS5H3rCi2lC2EGA/edit

Ameraucana Breeders Club:
http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_state.pdf

Hope you find some! They are a sweet but challenging variety to work with but they desperately need more long term breeders!
Why would you say they are challenging? I am planning to breed them so although I may not be long term they would get another breeder! I also decided to go with bantam wheaten ameraucanas instead

Why would you say they are challenging? I am planning to breed them so although I may not be long term they would get another breeder! I also decided to go with bantam wheaten ameraucanas instead
Because the Males and females are sexually dimorphic (males and females are different colors) so it’s a balancing act keeping the light creamy wheaten color the SOP calls for in the females and full color beards, clean hackles/no red bleeding in the chest and haunches for the males. And don’t forget about type! Type always comes first but sometimes with Wheatens you sacrifice color faults for a good typed bird.
Bantams seem to be farther along with type/color though. Best advice I can give is hatch as many as you can house and feed and cull hard.

Welcome to the breed! 💕

Last edited:
Because the Males and females are sexually dimorphic (males and females are different colors) so it’s a balancing act keeping the light creamy wheaten color the SOP calls for in the females and full color beards, clean hackles/no red bleeding in the chest and haunches for the males. And don’t forget about type! Type always comes first but sometimes with Wheatens you sacrifice color faults for a good typed bird.
Bantams seem to be farther along with type/color though. Best advice I can give is hatch as many as you can house and feed and cull hard.

Welcome to the breed! 💕
Ok thanks, I am not the person to cull not quite SOP chicks as my chickens are pet that I can breed and sell egg/chicks. I hope I find some good quality ones.
Thank you for all the info!

Ok thanks, I am not the person to cull not quite SOP chicks as my chickens are pet that I can breed and sell egg/chicks. I hope I find some good quality ones.
Thank you for all the info!
“Cull” doesn’t always mean kill. I ”cull” hens to pet homes If they don’t meet my expectations. Usually cull just means to not have them in your breeding flock. Lots of breeders have a cull pen for just eating eggs or fun egg color projects.

“Cull” doesn’t always mean kill. I ”cull” hens to pet homes If they don’t meet my expectations. Usually cull just means to not have them in your breeding flock. Lots of breeders have a cull pen for just eating eggs or fun egg color projects.
Oh yes sorry I always forget that. Thanks again for all your help, hopefully I can do justice to the breed breeding them

Back
Top Bottom