Blue Ameraucana thread!

Pics
I guess not
1f612.png

I have 2 blue ameraucana pullets. They are both darker than the normal blue color. I was told this was due to poor blood lines in breeding. Doesn't matter to me, as mine are not for breeding purposes. They lay a very light blue egg.
Mine are just because I love chickens do not plan on showing but like the color of eggs and the chickens. I was just wondering and it is the male that has darker feathers the females are a more uniform blue

I have Blue Wheaten Ameraucana hen and she lays a bluer egg than any of the others. I also have a Arcauna not spelled right and their eggs are the truest blue . They do not lay as much but the eggs are really pretty.

Just went to the Stockton show and am now a huge fan of the blue AM's! I have lavenders but I like the blues better. Oh my gosh, those were the prettiest birds out of the whole place, well to me they were. Just couldn't quit staring! Did any one here have birds at that show?

Last edited:
Just went to the Stockton show and am now a huge fan of the blue AM's! I have lavenders but I like the blues better. Oh my gosh, those were the prettiest birds out of the whole place, well to me they were. Just couldn't quit staring! Did any one here have birds at that show?
Maybe next year, but I attended! Came home with a few birds too! I agree with you on the AM's. They were lovely!!

I just purchased 5 blue Ameraucana bantam chicks! Supposedly the breeder's flock came from a breeder in Illinois, so I'm hoping they turn out nicely.

I just purchased 5 blue Ameraucana bantam chicks! Supposedly the breeder's flock came from a breeder in Illinois, so I'm hoping they turn out nicely.
Congrats! I am drooling over some Blue AM's right now. They are on my chicken math calculator
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom