Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Yes!!! I swear by it. Plus, I can't imagine blowing them out "manually".
sickbyc.gif

I loved the idea of using the air compresser! That is hilarious and might be a good way to get DH to help. You know...men and their tools.
roll.png

Quote:
Yes!!! I swear by it. Plus, I can't imagine blowing them out "manually".
sickbyc.gif

I loved the idea of using the air compresser! That is hilarious and might be a good way to get DH to help. You know...men and their tools.
roll.png

The air compressor is one I keep in my car for emergencies, lol! It also has a big flashlight on it. I saw that the little needle would fit into a small hole in an egg, and voila! At 5 pounds of pressure it really works great!

I'm afraid to try it on quail eggs, though.

I'm really wanting to move away from using Modge Podge because it's water soluble. If I hold an egg in my hot little hand too long, it feels sticky after a while. It also starts flaking. Does anyone recommend an alternative?

Has anyone else experienced this? I just bought the glossy spray Modge Podge and wonder if I should return it for some acrylic spray. Maybe someone has used both and can tell us if there is a difference?​

My BCM has been laying eggs like this that I love! I have been mulling it over on how to use them for decorating, and I don't think there is a rub on or paint that will do them justice. Any suggestions?

45758_dscf5202.jpg

You could very lightly 'fleck' them with a gold or bronze spray paint to give them some sparkle, then seal them. Or just seal them and leave them as is. Beautiful egg!

Quote:
I think it depends on your area and demand, but people generally ask between $5 and $7, on average.

I had someone tell me once that when it comes to selling something you've MADE it doesn't do you any good to be modest. People will assign the value to your craft that you will. So if you think your art is worth a dollar, they will too. If you value your time and hard work, a customer will too.
smile.png

That being said, I'm thinking $15 for a goose egg and $8-10 for chicken eggs. But then, I'm in Alaska and everything is a little more to cover shipping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom