Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
How in the world did I miss this Hens????? LOL! Cruising back through this thread and reading it I finally saw her! Her eggs are beautiful!!!
How old is she now?
Does she show any copper at all?
Hi Pink
frow.gif
, had to go back and look at our records- she is almost 2 years old- hatched April 2011. She only show smugges of cooper -not sure how well the picture shows it. She hangs out in the mixed pen with an Andalusian rooster so we have never tried to hatch any eggs. She is a very consistant layer.

Don & Vicki
I agree it is very helpful and I have learned a lot about chickens from your great posts .I'm just a lurker reading them. Do you have all of this information in a written form or a book that could used as a teaching tool
I volunteer for a 4H Club that is mostly poultry and that would be very helpful to most of them
Thanks again
Mark
Mark, In my area of the country some of the 4-H groups have a poultry seminar where they bring in a knowledgeable chicken person to go over anything the 4-Hers would like to know. Best to start off with the Sop right up front.

Mark, In my area of the country some of the 4-H groups have a poultry seminar where they bring in a knowledgeable chicken person to go over anything the 4-Hers would like to know. Best to start off with the Sop right up front.
we were lucky when my DD started showing chickens for 4-H, we have a poultry leader who has been raising and showing chickens for atleast 13 years with her daughter, so they took the time to helped us get started and is just a phone call away for us. Finding someone who is willing to mentor the kids(and parents) is so valuable.

This guys is about 6 Months old. Copper is just starting to come in but I don't think he will have that nice bright even color I would like to see but, great feathering on the shanks and outer toe, nice size-wise, good temperament. Ready for your knowledgeable critique.

This guys is about 6 Months old. Copper is just starting to come in but I don't think he will have that nice bright even color I would like to see but, great feathering on the shanks and outer toe, nice size-wise, good temperament. Ready for your knowledgeable critique.
Very well built Marans male and I do not see anything not to like except the copper coloring. He has nice color in the ear tufts and nice small ear lobes and nice small Wattles. Should be a super breeder Marans going forward.

Thanks Don. I wish he had the Copper but my girls do so hoping I get better in the future gens. His Father did not have the best Copper but all the pullets he fathered did, so hoping like father like.

Back
Top Bottom