Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Kim, I believe Vicki believe the same as myself, What good is having the Knowledge if we do not share with the people that really want you to share. I will share as long as there is a couple of people interested in what I have to say. I will not make a statement unless I know for a fact that it will work for anyone

Please keep sharing Don,,,, I usually don't have much to say,,, very new to this " chicken thing " myself,,,, but, rest assured I appreciate everything you share on this and the other threads. I find it all very interesting and hopefully I can incorporate what I learn from you guys.

Thanks so much for sharing your years of experience !
thumbsup.gif

Here's my blue copper marans pullet! She just started laying this week. The breeder is working on sold blues, so we got the pleasure of bringing her home. Her name is Eloise and she's pretty lovely! This is from when we first brought her home over Christmas and she was awfully muddy. Her comb and wattles have reddened up. I'm just learning about genetics and body shape, so I'd love a critique, so I can start learning more!
Bumping because I'm really curious to salutary learning about what is good and bad about my Pullets!

Bumping because I'm really curious to salutary learning about what is good and bad about my
Pullets!
will tell you what I can see, you really need to have a female with feathered legs, tail might be a little high, Tail looks to be wry tail, Would like to see a little more back length and width.

Got the hatching fever going pretty good the last few days. I'm not getting the incubators out quite yet, but absolutely can't wait to have the blue copper babies running around. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a whole flock of Luellas and a blue copper male with the body type of Big Boy.

Please keep sharing Don,,,, I usually don't have much to say,,, very new to this " chicken thing " myself,,,, but, rest assured I appreciate everything you share on this and the other threads. I find it all very interesting and hopefully I can incorporate what I learn from you guys.

Thanks so much for sharing your years of experience !
thumbsup.gif
Don & Vicki
I agree it is very helpful and I have learned a lot about chickens from your great posts .I'm just a lurker reading them. Do you have all of this information in a written form or a book that could used as a teaching tool
I volunteer for a 4H Club that is mostly poultry and that would be very helpful to most of them
Thanks again
Mark

Don & Vicki
I agree it is very helpful and I have learned a lot about chickens from your great posts .I'm just a lurker reading them. Do you have all of this information in a written form or a book that could used as a teaching tool
I volunteer for a 4H Club that is mostly poultry and that would be very helpful to most of them
Thanks again
Mark
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. The APA Standard of Perfection is one of the best reference materials you can have on hand as it covers individual breeds, but also in the beginning section, it covers so much info on general poultry knowledge, like combs, dqs, faults, and other materials. Besides the SOP, there are quite a few books around that have helpful info, I know Don has posted titles before. Most of my knowledge came from my dad and his friends I grew up around in the poultry club here.

Here is my 1 blue copper marans hen that I kept from the group I hatch from Pinkchicks eggs :D The 2 eggs on the left side are what she lays and is a consistant layer She hangs out in the layer pen as we have no blue copper boys.
How in the world did I miss this Hens????? LOL! Cruising back through this thread and reading it I finally saw her! Her eggs are beautiful!!! How old is she now? Does she show any copper at all?

Back
Top Bottom