Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Thanks...yes I was asking about the coppers. What weights do you typically use for the males and about what age do your males finishing maturing? As in putting on weight.

Most of my males are between 8 and 10, Gigantor and Big Boy are on the bigger side for sure. As far as finishing, its well over a year before they stop gaining weight, I'd say 1 1/2 years.

Don~ I checked out and copied the toe punch chart......thank you!
Question? I know you said to use a leather punch...I just so happen to have one....but what makes the V marks that I see on the chart?

Also, love what you did with your hatching baskets. I did something very similar with hardware cloth but I didn't put lids on them....I will be adding lids before I hatch again. Didn't even think of using the alligator clips...I used zip ties, but think I will change them over to the clips.

Don~ I checked out and copied the toe punch chart......thank you!
Question? I know you said to use a leather punch...I just so happen to have one....but what makes the V marks that I see on the chart?

Also, love what you did with your hatching baskets. I did something very similar with hardware cloth but I didn't put lids on them....I will be adding lids before I hatch again. Didn't even think of using the alligator clips...I used zip ties, but think I will change them over to the clips.
without seeing the chart, I'd guess they are scissor cut V's

Most of my males are between 8 and 10, Gigantor and Big Boy are on the bigger side for sure. As far as finishing, its well over a year before they stop gaining weight, I'd say 1 1/2 years.

Thanks.
Have you always used the larger birds for breeding or have you ever used a bird that was a bit lighter like my Lil' Bill who weighs in at 6.8?

Thanks.
Have you always used the larger birds for breeding or have you ever used a bird that was a bit lighter like my Lil' Bill who weighs in at 6.8?
I use both, it just depends on what characteristics they have. I have two smaller males that I will be using, just will put them with larger females to balance them.

Back
Top Bottom