Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
I know we don't have a standard for Blue Splash Copper Maran yet, but what color legs would one have if there were a standard? My guy and girl have what look like red legs to me. At any rate they are definitely not dark.
Just something to think about, does anyone know why there are no breeds with the splash recognized by the APA? In all the breeds I have ever owned with splash I have just used the Splash in breeding the Blues, and Blue coppers and in other breeds the combinations of the Blue colors. Just something to think about.

Bumping in hopes that Don and/or Vicki give me their thoughts on this bird.
smile.png
Kim, I see nothing major wrong with your female. I agree with what you and Vicki have already stated. Should make a good breeding hen.

Just something to think about, does anyone know why there are no breeds with the splash recognized by the APA?  In all the breeds I have ever owned with splash I have just used the Splash in breeding the Blues, and Blue coppers and in other breeds the combinations of the Blue colors. Just something to think about.

Splash is not recognized by the APA because even though Splash to Splash matings breed true and produce Splash......the Splash coloring is not uniform, no 2 Splash birds are alike making standardization of the Splash color not possible.

:)

Splash is not recognized by the APA because even though Splash to Splash matings breed true and produce Splash......the Splash coloring is not uniform, no 2 Splash birds are alike making standardization of the Splash color not possible.

smile.png
Kim, I brought that up as I see some wanting to breed to a Splash SOP and in my mind there will never be one. I like using the Splash in the blue breedings though.

Ok...so this was a question I posed over on the Black Copper thread and I find it very interesting so I thought I would post it over here for discussion because my question was specific to the Blue Coppers.

Question in bold below.

Parkmule~

Do they look like this?

If so, this is called autosomal barring, can't remember what exactly it means, but it should not be in the Marans if I remember correctly. This can be coming forward in these chicks from a couple or more generations back. It's my opinion that when we see this in Marans that something else is in the genetics. Hope others come by and correct me if I am wrong as I don't wish to give incorrect info and also hope others share their opinions with you.

You know...I'm curious about something....anyone ever wonder why we only see this in the Black Coppers?
I have never seen this in the Blue Coppers, nor have I seen anyone post a photo of a Blue Copper with it asking questions. Has anyone else?

Would be curious to hear from someone who has seen this autosomal barring in Blue Coppers.

Ok...so this was a question I posed over on the Black Copper thread and I find it very interesting so I thought I would post it over here for discussion because my question was specific to the Blue Coppers.

Question in bold below.

Parkmule~

Do they look like this?

If so, this is called autosomal barring, can't remember what exactly it means, but it should not be in the Marans if I remember correctly. This can be coming forward in these chicks from a couple or more generations back. It's my opinion that when we see this in Marans that something else is in the genetics. Hope others come by and correct me if I am wrong as I don't wish to give incorrect info and also hope others share their opinions with you.

You know...I'm curious about something....anyone ever wonder why we only see this in the Black Coppers?
I have never seen this in the Blue Coppers, nor have I seen anyone post a photo of a Blue Copper with it asking questions. Has anyone else?

Would be curious to hear from someone who has seen this autosomal barring in Blue Coppers.

Back
Top Bottom