Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Please critique this cockerel please. 6 months old. Hatched out of Blue Copper eggs. I think he's a little too dark

Last edited:
I agree that the cockerel is too dark. He should have a lot more copper on him. In addition, he is not full bodied like a purebred Marans should be. Perhaps he got mixed with something else.

Please critique this cockerel please. 6 months old. Hatched out of Blue Copper eggs. I think he's a little too dark

I have a rooster that is close to that age. He doesn't have much Copper showing either. My rooster is from pure Bev birds.I am holding on to this one in hopes he will get a little more color when he is closer to a year old but I know he will never have good color. I will try and pair him with that BC pullet that has good Copper and hope for some chicks that have better copper coloring. I hope to get a good blue copper rooster from them. That's my plan not sure it's a good one!

I have a rooster that is close to that age. He doesn't have much Copper showing either. My rooster is from pure Bev birds.I am holding on to this one in hopes he will get a little more color when he is closer to a year old but I know he will never have good color. I will try and pair him with that BC pullet that has good Copper and hope for some chicks that have better copper coloring. I hope to get a good blue copper rooster from them. That's my plan not sure it's a good one!
This here is Leroy he is my blue copper rooster, he is 7 months old right now. Ive got about 20 eggs he fertilized in the incubator right now. I believe he is from the Bev line as well.

This here is Leroy he is my blue copper rooster, he is 7 months old right now. Ive got about 20 eggs he fertilized in the incubator right now. I believe he is from the Bev line as well.

Nice! He is a very dark blue with a lot more copper. I have 12 chicks ordered and hope for more Blue Coppers with good color. I hope you have a good hatch! Please post pictures when they hatch.

Nice! He is a very dark blue with a lot more copper. I have 12 chicks ordered and hope for more Blue Coppers with good color. I hope you have a good hatch! Please post pictures when they hatch.

Thanks I will post some. Two hens I have are a splash and blue. Hoping to keep a couple and sell the rest. If I can sell them then I will keep hatching throughout the summer.

Back
Top Bottom