Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

A couple of my pullets from last summer.

One of my project birds. She is a third generation Marans naked neck. She lays the same color egg as my blue copper Marans (sometimes darker). Her sister and mom are also great layers of dark eggs.

ForrestGump . love the name and your Avatar .

bravo.

chooks man

by the way the 2 blue copper marans pullets are great .love they body type .

ForrestGump . love the name and your Avatar .

bravo.

chooks man

by the way the 2 blue copper marans pullets are great .love they body type .
Thanks for the comments! The two pullets ended up laying light eggs, so I sold those two. I kept two of their sisters who lay darker eggs, but don't have as good of color.

With my turken pullets, both parents have feathered shanks but not all the chicks did. I'm still improving my bloodlines. I'm planning to order some new Marans stock from California because all the birds in Washington are inbred and from the same lines. My current cockerel is fighting with a rooster from another pen so I need to replace him. My other 4 roosters are so docile and the Marans always cause problems!

Does anyone have any idea what kind of roo this is? He is being advertised as a Marans but I've never seen that pattern in a BBS Marans. Whatever he is, I think he's gorgeous!
00B0B_fsYNPg7FLsM_600x450.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what kind of roo this is? He is being advertised as a Marans but I've never seen that pattern in a BBS Marans. Whatever he is, I think he's gorgeous!
00B0B_fsYNPg7FLsM_600x450.jpg

he is single barred golden cuckoo .
great type and colour .
if you don t have his proper cuckoo hens you can breed him to a Black copper /Blue copper and you will get 50% each .

chooks man

Many thanks! I do not as yet have any cuckoo hens but I do have blue and blacks so we should be good to go - this is exciting!

Many thanks! I do not as yet have any cuckoo hens but I do have blue and blacks so we should be good to go - this is exciting!

that is great you have a BCM and BLCM to mate him to.
he ll throw well colored Black copper and blue copper progeny ,because he is well colored and the color type come from the Rooster .

good luck with him .
love to see his chicks one day.

chooks man

I believe they are only auto sexing if the hen is barred. A single barred rooster will produce both barred cockerels and pullets (as well as some that aren't barred).

Back
Top Bottom