BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Ok- this is kind of a rel
Isbars are not supposed to go broody. They were bred to be a production breed, so those with a tendency to go broody would be removed from the breeding population. With that said, if you want to give her a try, I would only give her eggs that are not important to you as she may not stick with them for the whole 21 days. If you want to break her, just keep removing the eggs from the nest and putting her back outside. If she is not real serious about it, she will probably give up after a few days.
Thank you!! Really good information
I have to admit I'm a little relived by this news. I have a bunch of 4 week-olds in the brooder right now... Ready for a break from little ones!
I had a broody way back when who was really tough, glad to know this won't be the same :)

I seem to have problems with quoting and posting.. Rarely has it worked properly for me!
My response is shown IN the quotes at the end of KYTinpusher's comment... Sorry! I'll get it right one of these days! Till then, I wish I could figure out how to delete and try again :-/

Can someone who has raised these before take a look at this comb? This chick is about 6 weeks old, and that's a pretty big comb for so young a chick. Also, I can see small feathers that might be sickle feathers starting to form near the tail. Cockerel possibly?

Can someone who has raised these before take a look at this comb? This chick is about 6 weeks old, and that's a pretty big comb for so young a chick. Also, I can see small feathers that might be sickle feathers starting to form near the tail. Cockerel possibly?

My chick hatched on 9/6 and still doesn't really have a comb. I figure it is a hen. Yours being about the same age and having that large of a comb is probably a rooster.

Yes, it does look like a probable cockerel. What breed is it?

Back
Top Bottom