Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I hatched them myself, I have Foley Hen/pullets but unsure of main roos lines. I did just purchase another roo and 2 more pullets for next year. I hatched many out this year and just never had any with that pattern is why I am confused. I'm breeding blue to blue and the chick shown is my only blue chick, the rest were black laced and I didn't get any splash.

Last edited:
These were bred black roo to blue & splash pullets, so they should be blue or black, if I understand correctly. I kinda like splash though, the more I stare at them..

I was looking at her a little closer and you can sort-of see lacing (maybe?) on her wing feather here. And there are actual blue feathers coming in above her leg, so that's a good sign :)

3wks old

I don't know where the light brown/tan comes from on the wings

Last edited:
Clark, the two hens looked like Farmer Viola's chicks.
As did the rest of the chicks I had... ill try to find you a couple pics.
Wont work. Sorry. But the same.

These were bred black roo to blue & splash pullets, so they should be blue or black, if I understand correctly. I kinda like splash though, the more I stare at them..

I was looking at her a little closer and you can sort-of see lacing (maybe?) on her wing feather here. And there are actual blue feathers coming in above her leg, so that's a good sign :)

3wks old

I don't know where the light brown/tan comes from on the wings

Well, it will fun two watch these two very different looking sets of chicks grow up!
pop.gif

Quote: actually, they DO look like regular BLRW chicks... they all have a similar pattern at hatch and develop the lacing as they grow.

because of the pattern gene and which e-locus is involved, the chicks may vary some, but yes that looks like laced pattern chicks

Last edited:
All the BLRW chicks I've gotten have had similar coloration.

Unfortunately this is blurry because I was focusing on some chicks in the background :) But this is a splash and blue as chicks.
blrw_chick_colors.jpg

And the splash chick a couple months later
splash_BLRW2.jpg

Oh awesome! That is very cool to see her chick pic with the adult pic, thanks for sharing

thanks for the reassuring, I cannot wait to see what these little chicks feather out like. I will definitely post pictures as they grow up :)

Back
Top Bottom