Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hi all,

Have not been here much for a few months. I kept one of the hatchery hens I got last year. She turned out very light splash and she is pretty as chickens go, but she just was not what I wanted.

I got some of Uncle Bee's Birds eggs just before he sold everything. The poor eggs has a terrible trip to Florida. They were stuck in Cincinatti for a week and many were cracked and had detached air sacs when I finally got them. THANKS A LOT USPS!!

If he had not packed them so well all of them would have been lost.

Anyway, I did get 1 SLW chick and 3 BLRW chicks to hatch on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Baby pics below. I am curious if anyone can guess the color these chicks will be. I see a lot of red around the head and undertones and a LOT of blue too. I do not remember any of the hatchery chicks having much blue at all.

Comments welcome

Hi all, Have not been here much for a few months. I kept one of the hatchery hens I got last year. She turned out very light splash and she is pretty as chickens go, but she just was not what I wanted. I got some of Uncle Bee's Birds eggs just before he sold everything. The poor eggs has a terrible trip to Florida. They were stuck in Cincinatti for a week and many were cracked and had detached air sacs when I finally got them. THANKS A LOT USPS!! If he had not packed them so well all of them would have been lost. Anyway, I did get 1 SLW chick and 3 BLRW chicks to hatch on Tuesday and Wednesday. Baby pics below. I am curious if anyone can guess the color these chicks will be. I see a lot of red around the head and undertones and a LOT of blue too. I do not remember any of the hatchery chicks having much blue at all. Comments welcome
Its very hard to see on my phone but looks like one blue and one black for sure. I can look better later on when I'm at a computer.

Looks like a blue and either 2 blacks or very dark blues from my experience with my chicks but they are all direct Foley offspring, not sure of your lines. I know different lines have shown some completely different looking chicks.

Does anyone have pictures of a Splash BLR Roo crossed with a Buff Orpington? I'm looking to breed a more buff & white than red & blue and wondered if this combo would do anything other than a mess. I've seen BO roo over Wyandotte, but not other way around..

Thank you,

I realized this other pic may really show the color a little better even though one of them decided to shake HER body.
One has a lot more red on the face and neck and the butt fluff is a shade or two darker. It is also the one in the pic by herself above.

hmmmmmmm hmmmmmm think girl think girl

They came from Uncle Bees Birds, his bantams are Jen Cadwell lines.

Thank you,

I realized this other pic may really show the color a little better even though one of them decided to shake HER body.
One has a lot more red on the face and neck and the butt fluff is a shade or two darker. It is also the one in the pic by herself above.

hmmmmmmm hmmmmmm think girl think girl

They came from Uncle Bees Birds, his bantams are Jen Cadwell lines.

Oh I didn't know they were bantams. I'm jealous as I've been trying to find some of my own but no luck yet. In my LF I go by the center striped in the back. If their are reddish brown hairs I can almost bet it's some variation of a blue, if it's all black it's a black.

Hello all, it's been a while. My chick that I got grew out to look like this...I know not show quality but I just want to look at pretty :)

And got her a boyfriend...he's darker that I thought but is only supposed to be four months old. I saw my girl change a lot and hope he gets a it lighter...but she's so light that he may darken the offspring...

And her checking him out...

I can't wait until Spring!

At a show in Belgium I bought this lovely blue laced red Wyandotte bantam hen for my "redporcelain with blue marking"-project.
In Belgium and in the Netherlands the BLRW aren't as red as they are in the USA or in Germany.
After 2 years of breeding I should get the nice mahogany from the redporcelains back.

She will be paired with this cockerel who was 7 cages away from her at that same show
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom