Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Keep in mind that you may need to hatch out over 100 birds to see those ratios.
Here are some That I'm working with.

Quote:
None of them are single comb, all rose comb. Who knows what I have, I will just wait and see what happens. Ill keep posting pics. The most important thing is that I get a Blue Rooster to breed to my two splash hens, then the rest will be ok. I am setting up breeding pens in my new barn (pics when done early June hopefully) and will be looking at doing a Black Copper Maran pen, two BLRW pens and 1 Legbar pen....then just the random hens for my egg production. I just hope that 1st roo is a BLUE BLRW.

@Fancychooklady

You must be well aware of the quality of your birds, but I just want to make the positive remark that your hen has got really nice round feathers.
This makes the lacing look even better than that same lacing on a bird with "sharper/pointier" feathers.
Something you should look for in the next generations, because this is a quality you do not want to lose.
Great looking birds!
smile.png

@MarshallPrime

I would be happy with that rooster. As far as I can see it shows great leg color and a good round head.
The body type is not easy to judge on this picture, but it looks like he is having a nice round and broad chest.
He looks definitely blue to me.

This is where people are getting misinformed about the BLRW, blame Murray McMurray for that one. Had the same misinformation pop up on the BLRW FB page a few weeks ago. I see all the fun happens while I'm sleeping and can't respond. Glad all of you popped in to help correct this. I wish they would remove this from their site so people stop crossing these colors to try and get BLRW as I know quite a few people are doing the cross and calling their offspring BLRW and selling them as such.

Here are a few of my birds, disregard my boys as I know their color is off but all I have to work with at the time since a predator took my Foley cock. I have one cock of his offspring that I'm growing out to hopefully be able to throw in for breeding. He looks very promising so far but still a bit early to say for sure.

Last edited:
@Fancychooklady

You must be well aware of the quality of your birds, but I just want to make the positive remark that your hen has got really nice round feathers.
This makes the lacing look even better than that same lacing on a bird with "sharper/pointier" feathers.
Something you should look for in the next generations, because this is a quality you do not want to lose.
Great looking birds! :)

@MarshallPrime

I would be happy with that rooster. As far as I can see it shows great leg color and a good round head. 

The body type is not easy to judge on this picture, but it looks like he is having a nice round and broad chest.
He looks definitely blue to me. 

I know I still have a way to go but this is the 3rd generation and we've come a long way from the ' mossy ' lacing we started with. :)

Back
Top Bottom