Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

We really wanted an actual BLRW but didn't view this thread before picking out the chicks. We have a definite splash and maybe the other two are also. Maybe they will be a darker blue splash. They are just over a month old so we are waiting to see how they turn out. We do have a roo, and as we observe them growing, maybe two.

Last edited:

I've been on the fence about my roo's color, splash or light blue. You can see in these pics he is considerably lighter than my blue hens, but darker than my splash ones.

A friend did the first hatch a few weeks ago and ended up with half blue, half splash. He is over 2 blue and 3 splash hens.
Maybe a light blue after all???

I've been on the fence about my roo's color, splash or light blue. You can see in these pics he is considerably lighter than my blue hens, but darker than my splash ones.

A friend did the first hatch a few weeks ago and ended up with half blue, half splash. He is over 2 blue and 3 splash hens.
Maybe a light blue after all???

He's a splash. Splash can be darker than that or almost white. I personally like the looks of dark splash the best...but if you breed splash to splash the offspring get lighter with each generation otherwise that's what I'd do.

He's a splash. Splash can be darker than that or almost white. I personally like the looks of dark splash the best...but if you breed splash to splash the offspring get lighter with each generation otherwise that's what I'd do.

That's what I had settled on too until we did the first hatch. With 3 splash and 2 blue hens I thought the hatch would have been mostly splash. When the hatch numbers wee even splash and blue it got me questioning his color again. Either way doesn't matter to me. He is great with the girls and very easy going, that's why I kept him and not the others. I had blue, black, splash and him to chose from.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom